Why my seedlings seems havent grown much?

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Why it seems my pine seedlings stopped growing? I sowed them in august ,but now it seems i havent seen any growth. Do seedlings grow at winter or only start growing in spring? I keep them near the window the temperature often at room around 19c to 21c. The soil i used just ordinary that i found in garden store not specific for conifers. I water them everyday once. I sonetimes use led lamps for plants blue+red lights mostly for 8 hourse, but havent noticed it helps anyway.

Attachments

• 20220203_105913.jpg
    20220203_105913.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Country
United States
Certainly in nature the seedlings would not be growing much this time of year.
With enough additional heat and light, one might be able to 'force' them to grow, but it may be for the best that they are resting now. In Spring they should receive the correct environmental signals to resume growth, especially if they are outside in direct sun, and have been re-potted, so that they have ample root room.

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Oh i see so maybe thats why my led light wasnt helping at all. So i should use it only from march? I play also classic music for my plants will see how it helps to grow

Reaction score
Country
United States
It appears so, but you can certainly continue to experiment with the heat and light indoors.
Still, these are plants that will soon need to be outdoors experiencing the the change of seasons anyway.
Starting the seedlings indoors is reasonable, but continuing growth indoors would not be best.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
It appears so, but you can certainly continue ot experiment with the heat and light indoors.
Still, these are plants that will soon need to be outdoors experiencing the the change of seasons anyway.
Starting the seedlings indoors is reasonable, but continuing growth indoors would not be best.
But they look so small it doesnt seem that they could hold low temperatures yet and lots of snow on top of them :D I can keep them in my cup, because yet I dont have where to sow them indoors. My whole land is covered with plants :D Just hoping to get a big land in the future until they grow big. :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, don't put the seedlings outdoors now in Winter, as they are not acclimated due to being indoors. S
Spring will be the time to bring them outside. However, next Winter, plan to keep them outside so they can become acclimated.

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Yes, don't put the seedlings outdoors now in Winter, as they are not acclimated due to being indoors. S
Spring will be the time to bring them outside. However, next Winter, plan to keep them outside so they can become acclimated.
I will try that should I cover them during next winter with something?

Reaction score
Country
United States
It would be advisable to have them in a sheltered spot out of the wind, but the conifers mentioned previously (on another thread) should be hardy plants for your climate...

Ask a Question