How can i make conditions for seedlings and seeds to germinate in fall indoors?

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
How can i make conditions for seedlings and seeds to germinate in fall indoors? Would heating and LED lamp would help seeds to germinate? For some reason led light indoors wasn't very helpful see no result so far.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Temperature is the most important thing needed to germinate seeds, usually the warmer it is the better the germination. The great majority of seeds do not need light of any kind to germinate but do need light after germination to grow. Lighting must be specific for plants. Just any household light will not work, it has to be the correct type. Perhaps someone on this forum will advise you on the correct type of light for a particular type of plant.

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Temperature is the most important thing needed to germinate seeds, usually the warmer it is the better the germination. The great majority of seeds do not need light of any kind to germinate but do need light after germination to grow. Lighting must be specific for plants. Just any household light will not work, it has to be the correct type. Perhaps someone on this forum will advise you on the correct type of light for a particular type of plant.
I have from amazon led light for plants ( blue and red). Do you think would switching radiator to make room warmer would help to raise temperature for seeds to germinate? :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have from amazon led light for plants ( blue and red). Do you think would switching radiator to make room warmer would help to raise temperature for seeds to germinate? :D
I don't know what seeds you are trying to germinate but most seeds germinate best when the soil temperature is around 75F. Keep your soil at this temperature and keep the soil moist but not wet. Do this and you should not have any trouble with the germination of your seeds.

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
I don't know what seeds you are trying to germinate but most seeds germinate best when the soil temperature is around 75F. Keep your soil at this temperature and keep the soil moist but not wet. Do this and you should not have any trouble with the germination of your seeds.
I am trying to germinate mostly Pine, spruce and some other species mostly trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am trying to germinate mostly Pine, spruce and some other species mostly trees.
I thought you were trying to germinate household plant or garden seeds. You are trying to germinate connifers, all of which need stratification to some extent. I am the wrong person to give advice on the propagation of connifers.

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
I thought you were trying to germinate household plant or garden seeds. You are trying to germinate connifers, all of which need stratification to some extent. I am the wrong person to give advice on the propagation of connifers.

I kept them outside until it was warm some germinated and i seen good results now when its bellolw +20c non germinate indoors and barely grow even led lamp doesnt help. Some there must be either to cold indoors or something is not right.

Ask a Question