Why do ants make their apperance more when fruits are growing and not vegetables?

Reaction score
I have noticed with my moms garden that she has separated with one side fruits and the other side vegetables. She has a ant problem with the fruit side but not so much the vegetable side. It is very odd to say the least. Does anyone else have an ant problem? What organic ways do you do to get rid of these annoying little bugs?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that ants prefer fruits, because they're sweeter than vegetables:)
As far as I know, the best way to get rid of them is to sprinkle cinnamon on soil. My mother tried it and it worked.

Reaction score
I agree with claudine, the ants are probably after the sweetness. They will go after veggie plants if the plants have been damaged in anyway. I use lemon juice and/or cinnamon on the sidewalks and that keeps them away. Do you want to deter them or kill them?

Reaction score
I think they care after the glucose. Some of our pomegranates are wide open and hanging from the tree. So there are a bunch of ants inspecting the open ones. They simply like sugar, I guess.

Ask a Question