White Strawberries :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Southern Japan (11b)
Country
Japan
My Japanese pineberry (white strawberries) is growing and I am so excited! The plant brand I bought is called "Tenshi no Ichigo: Momoiro Hoppe" which translates to Angel's Strawberry: Peach-Colored Cheeks. I find that SO adorable.

Here are some photos:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 309
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, that's a new strawberry to me. But how does it taste? I love strawberries and the best I had tasted was the one in Beijing (we were there last year). I bought half a kilo and when I sampled it, I hastily went back to the vendor and bought 2 kilos more that served as my dinner. They were big and red. But that strawberry of yours is a novelty and I guess that is a new breed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It looks so pretty and the name is even better! I haven't seen white strawberries around here. I hope it is sweet tasting for you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Southern Japan (11b)
Country
Japan
Gee, that's a new strawberry to me. But how does it taste? I love strawberries and the best I had tasted was the one in Beijing (we were there last year). I bought half a kilo and when I sampled it, I hastily went back to the vendor and bought 2 kilos more that served as my dinner. They were big and red. But that strawberry of yours is a novelty and I guess that is a new breed.
i think so. i couldnt find any on american websites but they sell white strawberries with a pink tint on a seasonal basis here and i think it was something like 14,000 yen ($140) for 20 strawberries. (dont quote me on that) people online say they are pineberries but they look quite different.ill let you know how it tastes eventually :)

Japanese White Strawberries
122330099_624.jpg
Carola_Wimmer_Mehdi_Guenin_2-1024x1024.jpg

Pineberries
download.jpg
download (1).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Southern Japan (11b)
Country
Japan
It looks so pretty and the name is even better! I haven't seen white strawberries around here. I hope it is sweet tasting for you.

Thank you so much! I agree the name is awesome

Ask a Question