White spots under Pipal leaves

Reaction score
Country
India
My bonsai pipal tree is experiencing some watch dots under its leaves. It has made the leaves pale in color and the tree growth has reduced. Can you please help with me what this is and how to cure it?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 440
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 300
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My bonsai pipal tree is experiencing some watch dots under its leaves. It has made the leaves pale in color and the tree growth has reduced. Can you please help with me what this is and how to cure it?
That is scale insects. Spray the entire plant every 5-7 days with Neem Oil for 3 weeks. The scale insects on your plant are called hard scale because they are hard, almost like a barnacle. Once you spray them they will be dead but they will not soon fall off of the plant

Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks Chuck...I washed my plants with light soap water and rinsed them. I'll spray with Neem oil as you mentioned and check the progress.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks Chuck...I washed my plants with light soap water and rinsed them. I'll spray with Neem oil as you mentioned and check the progress.
Neem oil smothers the scale. You can't tell if they are alive or not. Soap doesn't do anything to them. As the plant grows and expands the insects will fall off.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Pipal Tree (Ficus religiosa), also known by many other common names including Bodhi Tree and Sacred Fig, is an evergreen Fig in the Mulberry Family (Moraceae), native to southern and southeastern Asia. It is widely grown in tropical regions both for ornament and its religious significance in both Buddhism and Hinduism.

Yes, do treat for Scale (Coccoidea, Hemiptera) with neem oil, horticultural oil, or insecticidal soap.

It would be interesting to know how many hours of direct sun this bonsai receives each day.

Ask a Question