White sticky stuff

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
I have a question about houseplant pasts that I cannot identify. They look like white puffy sticky to touch small " formations" on spots where leaf is attached to the stem, around buds on citrus plants, on untreated cut on succulents... For now I remove them by hand, sometimes spray with insecticidal soap. But I think to fight them successfully I have to know what I am dealing with. Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
I have a question about houseplant pasts that I cannot identify. They look like white puffy sticky to touch small " formations" on spots where leaf is attached to the stem, around buds on citrus plants, on untreated cut on succulents... For now I remove them by hand, sometimes spray with insecticidal soap. But I think to fight them successfully I have to know what I am dealing with. Thank you in advance!

I cannot see the picture?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I cannot figure out how to unload pictures, so I ll post it separately

Reaction score
Country
United States

Attachments

• 20220105_102807.jpg
    20220105_102807.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220105_102844.jpg
    20220105_102844.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Country
United States
I attached a picture of white stuff and also little spider web that I see here and there on house plants. Should I leave it along or get rid of it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The white stuff is mealybugs. Mix 1 cup rubbing alcohol and a big squirt of Dawn to a quart of water and spray the entire plant. The spider web is exactly that, a spider web. If it were spider mites you would see a lot more and different damage

Reaction score
Country
United States
The white stuff is mealybugs. Mix 1 cup rubbing alcohol and a big squirt of Dawn to a quart of water and spray the entire plant. The spider web is exactly that, a spider web. If it were spider mites you would see a lot more and different damage
Thanks a lot, Chuck.
I ll do that!

Ask a Question