White Bird of Paradise outside?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently got a White bird of Paradise plant that I am in love with! What a beautiful plant! I was wondering if it is a good idea to put it outside in the summer so it can get more sunlight. I read that these plants love the sun and may produce flowers if enough sunlight is provided. Is it safe to put it outside? I don’t want to hurt it accidentally.

Reaction score
Country
United States
White Bird of Paradise IS a beautiful plant. I have two, one is already outside and the other will be set out eventually. I have heard that they only bloom once HUGE, so I don't see how you would expect to get it back into the house from that stage. I also have the Orange Bird, a smaller plant. This one IS possible to flower in a container, mine bloomed for the first time. The flower stalks started in October, stalks still lengthening and flowers have not even opened up yet..., so these guys have a really long period of bloom! And, btw, it's still a pretty large plant that has, eventually to be protected. I over winter my Orange Bird and Giant White Bird in a garage and another White Bird in the basement.

Last edited:

Ask a Question