Reaction score
Country
United States
7B82D118-34B8-4706-A917-974394CAC28A.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

The white deposit on the tip of your Frangipani (Plumeria cvs.) appears to be dried latex exudate, rather than mold.
Plumeria trees like many members of the Dogbane Family (Apocynaceae) produce a white, milky latex in their tissues as a defense against herbivory. Sometimes some of this leaks from the plant due to an injury or just during normal growth.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is much better news than I expected. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I started googling mold things, and thought that since we love in a humid climate, my plant was a goner. I so enjoyed its gorgeous blooms last year and am really looking forward to it again. Any specific recommendations on fertilizer? Thank you for your response!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm glad to hear that.
When the plant is in active growth (with leaves), fertilize once a month with a complete, liquid fertilizer.
Don't fertilize during Winter dormancy.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

The white deposit on the tip of your Frangipani (Plumeria cvs.) appears to be dried latex exudate, rather than mold.
Plumeria trees like many members of the Dogbane Family (Apocynaceae) produce a white, milky latex in their tissues as a defense against herbivory. Sometimes some of this leaks from the plant due to an injury or just during normal growth.
Thanks for this information! My starter “stick” also has white stuff on the tip were the leaves (hopefully) are starting to come up. I saw mold as the popular answer, but it didn’t really look like the pictures. My dog pulled up the stick once, then I knocked the pot off it’s place and shattered it while sweeping. So I’ve had to repot twice now before any roots have even started. Makes sense that it’s a reaction to me traumatizing it. Hoping it will recover and no more accidents!

Ask a Question