Euphorbia Lactea "White Ghost"

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased this euphorbia online and I am just wondering if anyone has any advice. It's quite lopsided. Will it even out on it's own? Should I have planted it differently? Will it continue to grow taller from the center? You can't really see in either picture but there is a smaller new branch on the back side (it's still pale yellow). Thanks!

66958473721__77A2E43A-87BD-4686-9D4E-34B9F762DAB5.jpg
image0 (2).jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Depending on how directional the light will be, your Ghost Spurge (Euphorbia lactea ' White Ghost') will grow either more or less 'balanced' with time, though never particularly symmetrical. Try to set it in an open area with bright light. If indoors, it should be very near a window and may benefit from being turned 90º each time it is irrigated.

Another thing you could do is replant it so that the basal branch or trunk is set at an angle, with the upper branches more upright.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Marck,
I currently have it in my SW facing windows with the rest of my succulents/cacti.

I thought about planting it at an angle, but I wasn't sure what would happen to the "trunk" of the plant if I did that. Would it continue to grow out the way it is pointing, or switch to growing up?

Thanks for the reply!

Reaction score
Country
United States
The basal branch (trunk) might continue to elongate from the tip, but more likely it will not grow further and the upper branches will produce most of the new growth. Of course, new branches could originate on any part of the plant .

Ask a Question