Where do you get your herb plants?

Reaction score
Oh wow that's good to know. Yes I know Trader Joes isn't everywhere. I think it is just an east coast thing (if I'm not mistaken). A lot of earthy, whole food stores have great herb plants too. Surprisingly they aren't too expensive either.

Yes if you ever come you should visit those gardening center, I had never been to a garden center like those before :O I think this is seen more in the North of the Netherlands more than in other parts of the country. But really, I had never seen garden centers with so many plants and garden decorations (plus other things). I think Dutch people are really fond of gardening :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I grow everything except Rosemary from seed. I never could get Rosemary to germinate so I bought a large plant and have it in a container. It is close to being a Rosemary tree now.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Raised my parsley, coriander, lavender from seeds. Rosemary bought as a plant from store reduction. I never go to market in the town centre as we are not allowed to touch anything in a bowl and most things are sold in a bowl. I don't like the hassle of being told off in a market. Most of the herbs are raised from seeds. I also bought basil which I always end up seeing dying or being covered by bugs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I usually start with seed and let the ones that seed themselves do it. For example... I like to sew seeds under and along the lowest barbed wire on my fence. This way, it doesn't get hit by the mower, and it's low maintenance. When I need a head start on a plant in order to catch up to a vegetable that it's going with, then I'll buy a plant at the local big box store.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I got mine online, diy gc reduced mostly.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a large lavender brought from a local store and we also had curry plants...never again where they are concerned once the heat got on them they used to smell like weed :rolleyes:...they was soon removed after a few years of maturing.

garden 3 (3).JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Love curry plant myself and wonder what weed smells like! :eek::D!

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Love curry plant myself and wonder what weed smells like! :eek::D!
Foul :LOL:...I never clocked the smell till I was in the kitchen and the heat had warmed up the flower heads and I said to hubby smell this there must be kids over the back smoking weed..he agreed but it was the next day in the garden it hit me and that's when I knew it was them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Foul :LOL:...I never clocked the smell till I was in the kitchen and the heat had warmed up the flower heads and I said to hubby smell this there must be kids over the back smoking weed..he agreed but it was the next day in the garden it hit me and that's when I knew it was them.

Ummm... I think if the air doesn't dry your throat, irritate your eyes or make you unable to think, it is not sooooo bad! LOL!

Ask a Question