When should I prune Knockout Roses

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I like to keep them at around 3 ft. Hi. I live in Ga. Zone 7b they still have some blooms on them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We are in zone 8b in Texas, and I usually prune my roses in February, just when the first little red leaf buds appear. Our roses are full of buds right now, thanks to the recent rains (downpours) so I'm cutting bouquets, not pruning!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Don't go by my schedule--go by your roses' schedules! We are slightly warmer than you, so our roses may start to show growth before yours will. When the little red "nubbins" start to show on the canes, get out the pruning shears!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there.

From what I know about knock Out roses, You should always prune them in the spring to summer like climates or temperatures. Also another sign that they are ready to be pruned is when they start to sprout come out of the rose stems that is also another sign they need to be pruned. I hope I was a help to you. Good Luck.

Ask a Question