What's your favourite part of gardening?

Reaction score
Country
United States
What motivates you to garden? Is being outside in the sunshine, watching something grow or w
Harvesting your own vegetables.

I love to spend all day in the garden satisfied I sit back with a big bowl of snap peas, or a tomato sandwich. That's what keeps me out there.
Simple...nurturing and enjoying the results

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I like to think over many years, I've achieved an abiance, so I can spend part of a relaxed warm afternoon or evening (when we get any) in the garden, with a drink and a bit of nostalgia.

Especially on a Sunday.

In my opinion, gardens should be enjoyed whatever sort you've got. We should spend more time doing that, it's too easy to forget that when we're beavering away at something.

Fridge with Budweiser.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like to think over many years, I've achieved an abiance, so I can spend part of a relaxed warm afternoon or evening (when we get any) in the garden, with a drink and a bit of nostalgia.

Especially on a Sunday.

In my opinion, gardens should be enjoyed whatever sort you've got. We should spend more time doing that, it's too easy to forget that when we're beavering away at something.

View attachment 54252

So good

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Whilst I do find gardening quite hard work and I find it unbelievably exciting and satisfying. As Peace Perfect Peace says, its better for you than sitting in a chair all day, the fresh air, the sunshine, "the move it or loose it" element, another version of that I've just heard..."Motion is the Lotion", the creative element of deciding what shape, texture, colour would suit where, what has worked and what hasn't, what needs to be moved or just go. I do have a back corner where I tend to gives these "rejects" a second chance rather than toss them out. Just today I moved 2 white hebes because they were overcrowding an area so I tidied them up, cut them back and planted them in this "rehab". Hebes don't like to be moved but you never know .
And Sean Regan, I do like you style, I too love a ponder with a tipple. One of my favorites is at the end of a big gardening day to clean up, organise dinner and head out into the garden with secateurs in one hand , a glass of wine in the other. A friend did suggest my plants might be nervous . I don't think so, I love my plants

Last edited:

Ask a Question