What's wrong with my spider plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
So, I got a spider plant like a month ago and it was all fine. But then I realized it's ends started turning brown, So I trimmed the ends(with a pruner) only to realize it worsened the condition. Now, many leaves turned brown. I thought it's because of lack of water and I water it daily and the pot has a drainage hole too. My dad moved it into my balcony some 10 days ago. It's summer here in India and it's pretty hot. So, maybe this is the reason? I talked to my dad about it, he said he's gonna move it inside tomorrow. But this all started when it was indoors? So, what's exactly wrong with my plant?

P.S.I am sorry I cannot provide you the picture.

Reaction score
If you lived in America instead of India I would suspect that you had red spider mites.

Red Spider Mites suck the juices out of the leaves which weakens the plants, and they leave tiny webs behind that you can sometimes see: the mites themselves are so tiny that I cannot see them at all, though many people can! I can see the tiny webs, though.

I can also see tiny tan spots on the underside of the leaves: I think that is where a mite has been feeding.

However, I do not know what pests or diseases are common in your area!

A picture of an infested plant is here, and you can see the fine webs near the stem of the plant part way down the page:.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_mite

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
If you lived in America instead of India I would suspect that you had red spider mites.

Red Spider Mites suck the juices out of the leaves which weakens the plants, and they leave tiny webs behind that you can sometimes see: the mites themselves are so tiny that I cannot see them at all, though many people can! I can see the tiny webs, though.

I can also see tiny tan spots on the underside of the leaves: I think that is where a mite has been feeding.

However, I do not know what pests or diseases are common in your area!

A picture of an infested plant is here, and you can see the fine webs near the stem of the plant part way down the page:.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_mite
Firstly, I am so sorry for the late response. Secondly, thank you for the answer. :) Though that's not the case with my plant. I appreciate your effort. :)

P.S. I learned about spider mites. :D So thank you.

Ask a Question