Whats wrong with my Meyer lemon tree?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I had a Meyer lemon and when I gave it iron chelates all was well. It was in the coldish, frosty Adelaide hills - but not in the winter conditions you guys are talking about.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sounds like over watering to me. I add 1/2 gallon every 10 days. Seems to work for me but that would depend on the size of the pot.

Does the water pool at the bottom? That is a sign of over watering unless the soil is completely dry.

MOD

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You could spray it with Neem oil. It would work better than pepper juice. Another option is just spray it down very thoroughly with water every couple of days. Mites hate water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I wish we had a moderator that would create a Meyer Lemon in the site menu because there is such a large volume of advice and it is such a frequent point of question as people try to grow it in areas from anarctica to the north pole.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I wish we had a moderator that would create a Meyer Lemon in the site menu because there is such a large volume of advice and it is such a frequent point of question as people try to grow it in areas from anarctica to the north pole.
That's true there are a lot of Meyer lemon threads...funny:unsure:

I use to respond to them, because I have a Meyer lemon tree, but the insect that causes Citrus Greening disease seems to now appear in greater and greater numbers every year.

Since I don't use pesticides, I'm looking for a substitute tree to replace my Meyer lemon.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Had problems with my Lemon Tree and Money Tree.

Sprayed both with Hot Pepper Tea and later got Lady Bugs.

Trees are looking some better but still don't know.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
You could spray it with Neem oil. It would work better than pepper juice. Another option is just spray it down very thoroughly with water every couple of days. Mites hate water.
I had bad dealings with Neem.

Guy on another Forum said he uses the Hot Pepper juice.

It seems to have worked. It is leaving out again.

big rockpile

Ask a Question