zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
DSCI0361.JPG

Ramsons, or Wild Garlic, had a few leaves in my sandwich :)
DSCI0362.JPG

DSCI0364.JPG

And Garlic Mustard right in the middle of it .

Attachments

• DSCI0363.JPG
    DSCI0363.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 293
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
The first Zinnia elegans opened up this morning and it looks like some others are getting ready to follow. The humble Zinnia, maybe, but the pollinators love the nectar rich blooms
P1020101.JPG

The Star Jasmine (Jasminum nitidum) is also blooming now and blooms off and on year around. The hummingbirds use this plant for nectar and the gardener loves it for the fragrance.
P1020105.JPG

I've been trying to find seeds for Greggs Mistflower (Eupatorium Conoclinium aka Conoclinium greggii) for a few years without success. Some months ago The National Butterfly Center in Mission, Texas gifted me with a nice bunch of seeds so i am now trying to get it started and established in my garden. I planted many seeds and this little one is the only one i have found to date. Is it a filthy weed? Yes, it is. Is it ugly? Many people think so. Is it invasive? Of course it is. But, the pollinators are crazy about it, especially the Queen and Monarch butterflies. I almost missed seeing it altogether and it was neglected when i found it and gave it some water and provided a little shade from the afternoon sun. I am rooting for this little guy and hope he is rooting for me too.
P1020106.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
A couple of good rains, the first ones for summer to bring the temperatures down, brought a few lilies up.

P1490381.JPG

Football lilies sprang up.

P1490421.JPG

This is a Quamoclit.

P1490398 - Copy.JPG

Pink Rain Lily.

IMG_7097.JPG

A couple of first two 'Day Lilies' to open.

P1490401.JPG

Pollen-laded stamens.

P1490415.JPG

The first time Crepe Myrtle is blooming this much. When I bought this a year ago, it had just a few flowers.

IMG_7099 - Copy.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Hello @Dinu , very nice! Ooooooh, I didn't know there was white Ipomoea quamoclit. I like it much more than the red. I have always loved the foliage but just couldn't cozy up to those red flowers. I think i would like this for the patio structure, still keeping the Plumbago, but changing the MG with the white I. quamoclit. Did you grow it from seed? Because it is native to Mexico, i will never find it here. Will probably order seeds from the US or UK:rolleyes: No, don't send me seeds, US and UK are much closer and faster and i will include a couple of other things with the order.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm loving all the photos so far this month! :D

We were in York for the weekend (celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary :love:) and yesterday we met up with Ian's dad and our niece - they came down from the North East for the day. At the ripe old age of 7 my niece didn't know how to make daisy chains!! So I taught her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question