What's looking good in March 2016

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
North central Texas. Sometimes I turn on the TV and am stunned by all the weather that has been happening around me when all I got was a little rain and very little wind. It's actually a little spooky.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't see anything growing here yet in Michigan! The weather is very temperamental at this time of the year, but the birds are coming back slowly.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A few shots from yesterday morning
DSCI0045.JPG
DSCI0047.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
20160328_082752.jpg
One flower bloomed 2 weeks ago and each one seems to last about that long so I'm making the most of each new flower, the old ones and the buds about to flower. I'm pretty sure it's it called a Zygot.
It's autumn here now so I'm waiting with baited breath for my Ornamental Grape to change colour. It's growth is spectacular, up to garage roof and swooping down and around and grabbing everything in sight. I'll be sure to show you!
145913081842984042212.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We found a couple asparagus a few days ago! We each ate a little bite raw. No more yet. :( The Arugula will be big enough to harvest in another week or so.

It is hard to be patient! I can't wait for yummy, fresh garden veggies! We are almost out of sweet potatoes and canned tomatoes from last year. I have one or two cloves of garlic left. We still have some ground beef cooked with garden onions and peppers in the freezer. That is about all that is left!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh I know what you mean. I love watching what I planted grow but I want the veggies NOW! So far the trees, bushes and shrubs around here are budding and my rhubarb is breaking through. I'm planting everything else today because as of late there was still quite a bit of frost overnight and in the morning. From here on out it seems like the weather is just going to be getting better and better. I started my herbs inside and they're ready to go out now.

Ask a Question