What motivates you to grow your own?

Reaction score
My dad was a dryland farmer for the first 11 years of my life, now looking back i realize that digging in dirt is just maybe instilled in my blood. To me there is nothing like getting down and dirty planting those seed and then watching things grow and produce from all those tiny seeds, what a miracle it is. Then of course to enjoy the harvest and eating all those good things makes me very humble and thankful that at my age of 78 i can ans still enjoy "digging in dirt".

I also come from a long line of farmers, lol, funny thing is when I first started gardening I didn't care one little bit about edibles, until now, of course ;) I now have a bigger interest on edibles because I'm more aware of what I put in my body.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Green fingers have me growing my own food. It is a hobby I have always had of putting things to the ground then watching them grow to maturity. It is safer as I don't add any chemicals when I grow my food.

Ask a Question