What is the yellow flower?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I found this on a Hungarian site, which wasn't helpful at all to ID the smaller yellow flower mixed in with the petunias. But it looks very nice and something I might consider mixing in my hanging baskets this summer.
petunia.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it`s ''Bidens'' which is popular for hanging baskets :unsure:

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1610497424685.png
Bidens Bee Yellow Crown produces a dense carpet of vibrant single daisy-like yellow flowers on a bed of luscious fern-like foliage. Its sweet honey scent is sure to delight where it will also attract bees and butterflies. A compact but heavy flowering plant, it is ideal for hanging baskets, patio pots and containers.

I copied and pasted the above information as a matter of interest, but thought of this plant first because it`s one I used to grow when I had the garden business. It was such a good one for the baskets I planted for sale :)

The flowers certainly look very similar, it is hard to be sure from photos isn`t it @SeniorCitizen. Lasthenia is not a plant I am familiar with, but it looks like it is endemic to the USA. The OP found the original picture on a Hungarian site ..... the plot thickens.

Ask a Question