What herbs do you like to grow?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
I love mint, as it makes great tea, so I always have plenty of that :) Also basil and oregano, delicious fresh in pasta dishes. Also have some lemon balm as that is also great in herbal tea as well as in some dishes to add a delicious citrus freshness :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Two days ago, I bought a small lemon verbena. I'm in love with this plant!:love: It's my current favorite herb. Smelling it is very relaxing.

Reaction score
I really like to grow cress, because its healthy and sprouts in a few days. The perfect sandwich topping or salad ingredient. If you buy a big put as some soil you can have your own cress field in the window still!

Reaction score
I have finally gotten around to growing my basil. I am in love with it! It has been such a fun experience tending to it because it's a challenge to keep alive and going. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I currently have mint since I love using it for tea and mint water. When I get more space I'll do rosemary and basil, but as it stands my current cooking needs haven't called much use for them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I tend to grow things that I cook with the most - rosemary, thyme, basil and cilantro are the main ones! I prefer to grow them so that I can just grab what I need easily and it's a cost saving thing too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a whole windowsill of herbs including basil, thyme, cilantro, rosemary and mint. My main problem is keeping my cilantro alive! It tends to die after a few days. Does anyone have any advice? I usually buy the little in door plants at the grocery store. I have no issue keeping my rosemary, basil and mint alive, but my cilantro is very difficult. I replant it and water it every other day, same as my basil. Am I over watering it?

I love cilantro but have gone through several pants and am growing very frustrated. Any advise would greatly help!

Ask a Question