What happened to this plant? :o

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. I am not sure what happened to this plant. I was in the process of moving and wasn't able to check on my plants as usual. The next thing I know is that it looked like this. Is this just under/overwatering? I did see something crawling in it but I don't know what it was. Thanks!
1648336894236.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a type of Tiger-jaws (Faucaria), in the Ice-plant Family (Aizoaceae), native to South Africa. There are numerous species and cultivars, but this might be a form of Faucaria felina or Faucaria tigrina.
Faucaria have beautiful flowers in season; usually yellow, though their are also white-flowered species, such as Faucaria candicans.

The plant pictured looks somewhat desiccated. If this is only from underwatering the plant may likely recover. However, if there is rot at the base, remove any surviving pieces of stem and re-root them in fresh soil. Grow in well-drained soil, in sun or very bright light.

Ask a Question