What has happened to my little blueberry plant?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered some blueberry plants online as my local garden center what they would have available. I ordered three and One showed up a little damaged and out of its pot. I kept them inside (Massachusetts) For a while and slowly exposed them to sunlight to take them out of a dormant state. The one however has not really come back and I am not sure what to do to save it. This is my first go at growing Blueberries and I am doing it in a pot.

Any recommendations would be fantastic, thank you.
3C6132CB-AFE7-4CD4-B6DD-020A47FB76F6.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
blooming and rooting fertilizer mixed 1/4 strength and some good sun. Something like miracid would be ok, but better too have less N and more P for root growth whether acidic or not and some good sun to power the pump. They are slow growers so that means slow feeders, do not over do the concentration and be patient.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you! I am happy being patient and only just want to get it right. We re-potted it last weekend with Coast of Maine potting soil and added the Down to Earth fertilizer to the soil based on the fertilizer suggested ratios for the flower pot volume. Hopefully that is good and will help.

Attachments

• 9A2D80C9-CF4B-45B1-A257-7B58F95804A0.jpeg
    9A2D80C9-CF4B-45B1-A257-7B58F95804A0.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 55
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Phosporus availabilty is a thing for acid lovers. A pH of 4.5 is a pretty good target as far as soil goes. A window of available phosporous is maximized there and around 6.5-6.8pH. They are still rooting so I took the starter fertilizer tack. I am not so good with potting soils, they being made to purpose.

Ask a Question