Does anyone know what has caused this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, I was wondering if someone could help me identify whatever is responsible for the discolouration on my epipremnum amplissimum.
I bought this plant two months ago. I watered it twice in December and then got worried that I may have been overwatering it as a bottom leaf turned slightly yellow. I hadn't watered or fertilised it for three weeks until I noticed these spots today for the first time a few days ago, so I watered it then. Is this maybe because of a deficiency?
It seems like the spots have thinned the leaves. The leaf is thinner and drier where the spots are and a bit warped.
I'm also worried it may be a fungus as I sometimes mist the leaves (I've stopped now).

Help
20210116_160402.jpg
20210114_135814.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over watering kills lots of houseplants, particularly during winter months. This one needs to dry out. You could change the compost and look to see if there is any root rot, and check too for insects. Scale, mealy bugs or thrips can cause leaf damage.
Welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the advice. I'll try changing the compost and make sure I'm on the lookout for insects!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

I don't know what caused those curious spots. The look of them reminds me of plant edema, but I am not at all certain that is it.

Epipremnum amplissimum is a vining Aroid (Araceae) native to New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, and Queensland. It is uncommonly grown in cultivation, with several cultivars that vary in leaf colour or variegation.

Ask a Question