What Early Blooming Spring flowers to grow (VIDEO)

Reaction score
In the video and picture below I show you what bulbs to plant now for early blooming flowers in the spring. I also list other early blooming spring flowers in the video. What I forgot to mention is that, if planting now, be sure to dig and bury the bulbs 7-10 inches deep. Then, mulch the flower bed to protect from a hard freeze. You can mulch with pine needles or leaves as well.

Original post @ What early blooming flowers to grow (VIDEO)

-Cassie K, veganslivingofftheland.blogspot.com

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, this is helpful information. The ground has been freezing at night and getting warmer during the day so I cold still plant some bulbs for the coming spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Cassie, what country are you in please? It would help us if you could put your area in your avatar box please, as what applies to one area doesn't apply to another. :)

You must take into consideration that planting times and climate differ all over the world. Planting most Spring bulbs here in Britain at this time is to late. We usually plant between late September and mid November. My daffodils are already showing above ground. I'd also like to point out that planting snowdrops and crocus 7 to 10 inches deep is possibly to much. It's usual for most bulbs to be planted 3 times their size in depth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this video.
I don't dig my bulbs up. All my hyacinth and tulip bulbs are in my parents' garden and I hope I'll see a lot of beautiful flowers in spring:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the video. I'm not that great of a gardener and I want to get better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It feels like spring, but I know what we have ahead of us for winter so I can only dream of spring plantings

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
After I plant spring bulbs for a yard customer, I do not mulch the flower bed.

Ask a Question