What does your garden look like ... Today?

Reaction score
I'll take pictures of my new garden once I move into the house, I heard we have all sorts of herbs and even strawberries growing in it. My fiance took a couple pictures, but I wasn't happy because he left a lot things out. Man, how I wish I was there :( We might need to replace the soil and plant a lot new stuff there. Hopefully there will be enough money for a small greenhouse for my chilies.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I'll take pictures of my new garden once I move into the house, I heard we have all sorts of herbs and even strawberries growing in it. My fiance took a couple pictures, but I wasn't happy because he left a lot things out. Man, how I wish I was there :( We might need to replace the soil and plant a lot new stuff there. Hopefully there will be enough money for a small greenhouse for my chilies.
Hope so too Trellum. A green house would be great. Herbs, too. I've let mine go to seed and become overgrown. Only one month now till Spring so I can get cracking on a nice new supply. I Think I'll just rip everything out and start anew. It was great having chives and parsley, sage, oregano and thyme on hand. The one thing I do have aplenty is Rosemary and bay leaves. Hope your move comes quickly for you. New home and new garden....very exciting:love:

Reaction score
Hope so too Trellum. A green house would be great. Herbs, too. I've let mine go to seed and become overgrown. Only one month now till Spring so I can get cracking on a nice new supply. I Think I'll just rip everything out and start anew. It was great having chives and parsley, sage, oregano and thyme on hand. The one thing I do have aplenty is Rosemary and bay leaves. Hope your move comes quickly for you. New home and new garden....very exciting:love:

Thank you, Deb :) That sounds lovely! Sometimes it's necessary to get a fresh start, I've been known for those fresh starts in many different situations, including gardening, hehehe! Do you have a picture of your greenhouse? I'd love to see it :) I'll take a lot pictures of the new ''harden'' once I get there and share it with you guys.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
My greenhouse is still in its box, bought it from Aldi a while ago. Because it's plastic with metal base I haven't decided on a place where it won't blow over so still thinking. Winter will be over and I'll have missed the advantage if I don't hurry up. Maybe you've given me the incentive to get a wriggle on Trelum.:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
My Yellow wax bells are starting to bloom today. Will try to get a pic so you can see the position they are in. I have two of them.
yellowwax (1).JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
My Yellow wax bells are starting to bloom today. Will try to get a pic so you can see the position they are in. I have two of them. View attachment 8160
How pretty. I've just googled them and say woodlands garden which I have but my red and yellow,(I'm now wanting to incorporate orange) garden, does go round the west end of the house so has shaded areas too and would be so nice. Thanks for the lovely photo. I will look forward to seeing your other one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Not exactly in the garden but in the bird bath. Starlings bathing and a House Sparrow enjoying a shower on the edge. :)

View attachment 8329
How lovely Sheal. I have 2 bird baths and really must clean them regularly so the birds will frequent them. A friend gets her grandchildren to wash hers out but I don't have any of those unfortunately so I guess I'll just have to do it myself.;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I know some folks do not like following links, but there are too many photos to post all of them.
We had visitors from Tasmania and I worked hard to get the garden as neat as I wanted it to be. This is what they saw.
http://s703.photobucket.com/user/Owdboggy/slideshow/August Visit
I'm sure my fellow Australians would have been very impressed with your garden Owdyboggy. Wonderful. So much to see and take in. Your smoke bush is huge. I have 3 planted about 4 meters apart. They'll be impressive in a few years going by yours. Thanks for the tour.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I swear there is no bigger hummingbird attractor than Mexican Sunflowers. Bigger has multiple meanings, the plants get over 6' tall and nearly as wide.

This hummer was a little slow, not sure what was wrong, maybe the heat we've had was affecting it. It allowed me to get a few interesting photos, though.

IMG_3168 copy.jpg

IMG_3186 copy.jpg

IMG_3194 copy.jpg

IMG_3198 copy2.jpg

Ask a Question