What does your garden look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
So, we all like showing off our gardens. Sometimes, at least for me, I want to share a photo or two but I don't want to make an entirely new thread for it. That's why I created this. This can be a place where we all can share our gardens on any given day, or every day. Photos, videos, whatever you'd like to share. I created a similar thread over on the pond forum and it's gone well. I'll start it out.

My Blanket Flower is just about to bloom. I grow quite a few of these around my yard, and it should look great when they're all blooming!
View attachment 6817

I also have a short video of my mostly-native wildflower garden which is entering its first full year. Most plants are seedlings, so it'll take another season before many of the plants bloom.

Great idea for a post! As it is winter here, my garden is covered with snow. Luckily, most of the fall clean up was done before the snow arrived, therefore I should have a somewhat clean slate to start with in the spring. The ground is frozen, so there is not much to do in the garden right now!

I am looking forward to adding more flower beds this spring and adding a larger vegetable garden. This year will be one of my busiest gardening years yet, but I am looking forward to it!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer , out neighbor did your method for years. and in the summer he'd come over and say, how come your lawn is so nice. we'd say cause we remove the leaves. He then started, so now his lawn is nice.

That's probably one of the reasons of why we do things differently. I don't like lawn. I don't have any expectations from my lawn as long as it blends in with the the rest of the lawns on my street. Its biggest flaw is that it was invaded by creeping charlie long before I moved in, but that's a different story. I'm just not into the whole grass concept, so I never need it to look better.

I see it as a blank space waiting to be replaced. Eventually, I hope to live somewhere where I can replace the entire lawn with native plant species, water features, and things like that. Native plants prefer the natural leaf mulch, as do the animals and insects that use it to keep warm.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
1/1/16

DSC_0024.JPG

and last year 1/2/15 everything was taking a beating from the polar vortex..
DSC_0002.JPG

wonder what this year's weather going to bring us

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Getting late But Camera on so Here is a couple of pic's of one of my logs that is now home to the Fungus called The Many-Zoned Polypore (Trametes versicolor) & a picture of some of my grass and dog wood stems & willow that end up in wicker projects if I get round to them
P1020930.JPG
P1020931.JPG
P1020926.JPG

Attachments

• P1020930.JPG
    P1020930.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 275
  • P1020926.JPG
    P1020926.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 278
  • P1020931.JPG
    P1020931.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 251

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I put together some more leftover video from 2015. I'm really looking forward to taking new photos and video, but until then I'll enjoy reminiscing.

Orange Milkweed & Blanket Flower:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
We got a big old dumping of snow 2 days ago, which has promptly just turned to ice now - we are expecting more snow this weekend too, so everything is buried under a bit of a snow blanket right now!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Choisya 'Sundance' - I nearly lost this three years ago as it was buried on it's side under 3ft of snow. With some careful pruning and staking so that it's roots would settle again, it has now made a full recovery. To give you an idea of size, the fence to the right is 5ft high.

IMG_1554.JPG

Primula
IMG_1555.JPG

A wild primrose in my garden
IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

Knautia 'Macedonica' is summer flowering.......well it's supposed to be!
IMG_1567.JPG

Ask a Question