What does your garden look like ... Today?

Reaction score
I do not have a photo to share at the moment, but my garden is full of lush lemongrass, wild mint, basil, lavender, oregano, and rosemary. I have a few other plants as well. One of my favorite plants at the moment is my basil because it is incredibly difficult to care for. It has grown into a vibrant beautiful plant.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I do not have a photo to share at the moment, but my garden is full of lush lemongrass, wild mint, basil, lavender, oregano, and rosemary. I have a few other plants as well. One of my favorite plants at the moment is my basil because it is incredibly difficult to care for. It has grown into a vibrant beautiful plant.
I can just picture your lush herb garden, Alexis:) and I can even smell the basil:love:. Love basil. A friend of mine says there should be a perfume of it as it smells so wonderful. She astually worked in a fruit and vegie shop for a while and says each time she walked passed the basil she'd give it a tickle so she could smell it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My native garden is well past its prime but is still alive and supporting life.

IMG_5378 copy.jpg

IMG_5383 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today was warm and sunny so I did a few things around the garden. I collected a bunch of my milkweed seeds that were ready to burst open. I also put up chicken wire around my new vegetable garden so it'll be ready for next year.

While I was out there, I decided to photograph some of the insects I saw. The thing about gardens, they provide food much later in the year than most people think. Well after the color fades. They provide shelter year round, too. That's why I don't cut my garden down in Autumn.

IMG_5455 copy.jpg

IMG_5460 copy.jpg

IMG_5461 copy.jpg

IMG_5472 copy.jpg

IMG_5474 copy.jpg

IMG_5480 copy.jpg

IMG_5471 copy.jpg

IMG_5468 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
With snow coming for the first time tonight, I made sure to seed my garden today with the seeds I've gotten this year. The hard part is now waiting until Spring to see what grows, and then waiting another year to see them flower!

IMG_5499 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a lovely assortment there JB. (y)

I was just looking at your photo's again in post #154 above which are superb. Do you use a Macro lens or the camera's settings please?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's a lovely assortment there JB. (y)

I was just looking at your photo's again in post #154 above which are superb. Do you use a Macro lens or the camera's settings please?

Thanks!
My camera is a Canon SX160 IS. No separate lenses. It's a point & shoot-style camera, but has better quality than many point & shoot cameras.
Some of the photos were taken close up. The camera's macro mode is automatic so there is no settings needed to go from taking a normal picture to a macro picture. Other photos were taken from a few feet away and zoomed in. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lovely photos as always! We're supposed to have our first snow tomorrow as well, about bloody well time. :D

What is that green bug with black spots, first photo post #154? I pay attention to bugs because I like them, but that one does not look familiar.

Edit, well I am resourceful and have google. :D A cucumber beetle? Not desireable in most gardens but rather pretty nonetheless.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lovely photos as always! We're supposed to have our first snow tomorrow as well, about bloody well time. :D

What is that green bug with black spots, first photo post #154? I pay attention to bugs because I like them, but that one does not look familiar.

Edit, well I am resourceful and have google. :D A cucumber beetle? Not desireable in most gardens but rather pretty nonetheless.

I didn't know what it was, thanks for looking it up! It's a welcome guest in my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks!
My camera is a Canon SX160 IS. No separate lenses. It's a point & shoot-style camera, but has better quality than many point & shoot cameras.
Some of the photos were taken close up. The camera's macro mode is automatic so there is no settings needed to go from taking a normal picture to a macro picture. Other photos were taken from a few feet away and zoomed in. :)

I'm impressed JB, :) as a point and shoot camera the picture quality is brilliant. (y) I have two Canon cameras and still think they are hard to beat regarding build, photographic quality and ability.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm impressed JB, :) as a point and shoot camera the picture quality is brilliant. (y) I have two Canon cameras and still think they are hard to beat regarding build, photographic quality and ability.

I agree. I also have a Canon Powershot Pro1 which takes great photos as well, but nothing like my SX160. Of course, the Powershot Pro1 is old now and doesn't quite compete with modern technology.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here's my garden yesterday morning.This was about halfway through our 6"-8" snowfall. Just like that, we went from Autumn to Winter. Two days ago I seeded my garden so it'll hopefully come up even thicker and more diverse next year. The seeds need winter in order to work, so that's why I put them down right before the snowfall. Now I have to impatiently wait for spring.

IMG_5510 copy.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Has it done much damage Zigs?

No, got rid of the bloomin Nasturtiums at last :love:

Here's my garden yesterday morning.This was about halfway through our 6"-8" snowfall. Just like that, we went from Autumn to Winter. Two days ago I seeded my garden so it'll hopefully come up even thicker and more diverse next year. The seeds need winter in order to work, so that's why I put them down right before the snowfall. Now I have to impatiently wait for spring.

View attachment 9862

Cor :eek:

Ask a Question