What do you do with your extra herbs?

Reaction score
I'm tempted to try different things with my spare herbs, like making butter with herbs. Or freeze olive oil cubes with some herbs and plain drying them.

I think for me drying is the way to go, also making frozen dinners ahead with the herbs can work. There is a fish I prepare with a mint/coriander mix.

Reaction score
When I grow more than I can use, I make up herbal bends. Some are good for soaking in the bath water. While others are great to for soaking your feet in. My husband loves the vinaigrettes I make with balsomic vinegars. M:y friends and family always want to know if I have anymore herbal butters left.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I dried basil leaves and then crumbled them for seasoning my cooking. I also just wash them, and freeze them for use later. I love fresh herbs but we can't have it growing year round here in Michigan.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
I dry the extra herbs and use them for a range of different things. Mainly food related... but also in homemade beauty products and in the animal housing to keep things smelling nice and as a natural anti insect repellent

Ask a Question