What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
JamieB, you are so kind! That poor dog has no home (as of yet) and was hungry. We "developed" three feral cats that are no longer feral--sleeping on the porch as I write--and you just may have "developed" another dog.
Do soft touch people have a scent that animals pick up?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Keep him. He’s quite, well behaved, good with our cats. I did a search, he’s a German wire hair pointer. Not breed standard cause his colors aren’t dappled, more brindled, and his tails not docked. I’ve been trying to rehome our two husky mixes, the one was actively trying to hurt this new dog, if he keeps it up, I’ll put him down. I don’t do agressive dogs. We have too many strays show up. If it had been a smaller dog, I’d have a vet bill to pay. Scruffy as my hubby has dubbed him, is an older dog, starting to go white at the muzzle. If someone claims him, I’ll require proof of ownership by pictures, them coming out and calling him, and base it on how he reacts. Our two pups have gotten to a point they actively hunt, and I like my wildlife. No longer a good fit. Their prey drive is too high.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
@JamieB that's good. What will you do if nobody claims him?
If no one else claims him, I’ll keep him. Our pups have developed a high prey drive due to being allowed to run free too long, combined with their breed, so they need to be sent to a home that will keep them inside as pets or chained up as a guard dog, and get them fixed.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I re potted the chilli plants, potted on tomato seedlings and potted up my 5 runner beans. The date on the packet expired and that's all that came up. Ordered some more from Amazon Prime, get them tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We changed our minds on the stray, he started a fight with two of our dogs today. Nope, I’ll let anyone who want him have him, I don’t need more dogs that want to be top dog here. He’s a wire haired Griffin, looks a lot like the wire hair German pointer. He may not be as senior as I thought.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
We changed our minds on the stray, he started a fight with two of our dogs today. Nope, I’ll let anyone who want him have him, I don’t need more dogs that want to be top dog here. He’s a wire haired Griffin, looks a lot like the wire hair German pointer. He may not be as senior as I thought.
That's the best thing to do, bringing another dog into the pack, that includes you and your other half can cause trouble. I hope that you find someone soon.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
When he showed up, he was shy, but yesterday he tried to start a fight with the one dog we will keep till he dies. Shadow is old, he was my step moms, and he’s only got a few years left. He doesn’t need some stray walking up taking over. I’ll be posting the stray as free to good home today, I gave it three days for the owner to come forward if they wanted him, but I guess he was dumped. I do prefer calm dogs, who can keep coyotes away but not fight with the dogs we have. Day 1 and 2 were ok, day 3 he decided he was top dog, started two fights, and ate the cats food though he had plenty down. I’m already trying to rehome the two pups we have, but as a wire hair griffin, he should be easier than mixed breeds.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
When he showed up, he was shy, but yesterday he tried to start a fight with the one dog we will keep till he dies. Shadow is old, he was my step moms, and he’s only got a few years left. He doesn’t need some stray walking up taking over. I’ll be posting the stray as free to good home today, I gave it three days for the owner to come forward if they wanted him, but I guess he was dumped. I do prefer calm dogs, who can keep coyotes away but not fight with the dogs we have. Day 1 and 2 were ok, day 3 he decided he was top dog, started two fights, and ate the cats food though he had plenty down. I’m already trying to rehome the two pups we have, but as a wire hair griffin, he should be easier than mixed breeds.
That's great idea.
I've seen that with rescue dogs, they're fine for a few days, then they find their feet and start being aggressive to other dogs they meet. But not all the time.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Friday, yanking out some extra ground cover that is too crazy. also spray painted a iron trellis white in anticipation for my moon flower vines to climb, 12 babies have sprung from seeds and are 3 inches tall. finally have decided the location for them. also did some deck re-staining, might do some more today. Suppose to rain later, and all weekend they say. Took some inside plants outside on deck. Happy Saturday all. Memorial Day is Monday. So back to work after two weeks off on Tuesday. This could be a drop of what retirement feels like. it is 8:30Am here.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Esther Knapicius that's great, this Monday is may bank holiday for us.
Thanks happy Saturday to you as well.:)

Only had to water a few plants in pots. Yesterday it was raining here very heavy at times.

It's 17.26pm at the moment.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I meant to say, not all the dogs are like that.:)

You never know what you're getting with abandoned dogs.

I've mentioned Sam before.

He was the dog some friends found tied to a tree and abandoned in Dunham Park.

Having taken him to the police who didn't want to know they took him to a rescue centre. Overnight they decided they'd keep him so went back to collect him. Then got charged £150 for him because he'd been checked by a vet and "chipped."

They've had him for about two years and he's been as good as gold. They think he was about two years old.

Two years ago.
img 2.jpg

img 3.jpg

Last year.

img3.jpg

Have you ever seen a happier looking dog?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
You never know what you're getting with abandoned dogs.

I've mentioned Sam before.

He was the dog some friends found tied to a tree and abandoned in Dunham Park.

Having taken him to the police who didn't want to know they took him to a rescue centre. Overnight they decided they'd keep him so went back to collect him. Then got charged £150 for him because he'd been checked by a vet and "chipped."

They've had him for about two years and he's been as good as gold. They think he was about two years old.

Two years ago.
View attachment 37703

View attachment 37704

Last year.

View attachment 37705

Have you ever seen a happier looking dog?
Yes i remember, lovely dog.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Definitely not, abandoned dogs and rescue ones are totally different.
Rescue Trusts meticulously vett both potential owner and dog to make sure they both match, not just in temperament but also environment and lifestyle too :)(y)

Ask a Question