What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I tilled the garden and tested the PH. 6.8* with a test strip. I cannot beloeve 18 bales of peat moss and 40 lbs of wettable sulfur did not drop it lower. I cut the yard. Becky planted some ostrich ferns and Big Blue hosta I bought. I cut the grass. It was a pretty day to enjoy the yard.
IMG_20180419_171632.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Harvested all the rhubarbs 1.30lb. Now I realised how good a grower Logan is! 4lb compared to my 1.30lb. HOMAGE from me!;)

Watering and watering and finding plants dying from thirst and finding shadier places for them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, dear! Some excess you have! You could fry them shredded and call them seaweeds. That's what they serve in Chinese restaurants and they thought the fried kale was seaweed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I got the drive jet-washed. This is half of it, the front half is behind me, I'm leaning against my car. The drive is green concrete, not smooth, you can see the aggregate in it so it's never slippery. It was laid before we bought this house, by the first occupant, so it must be nearly fifty years old and still in good condition. Hasn't sunk anywhere.
I've lost count of the number of times someone has knocked on our door asking if we'd like a new drive. Would we 'eck!

P1010320.JPG

I even had time to mow the lawn. I only did it earlier in the week and collected half a grass box full.

P1010322.JPG

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am headed out right now to pick Strawberries. Also, I am going to replant some lettuce that came up spotty. Picking a few radishes. Maybe plant another square of them. I think I may fertilize my tomato plants, but it is going to rain all day tomorrow. Still, I think they could use it. Saw you talking about birds JB. I have over a dozen Purple Martins in residence.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You've done well, @Gardening Girl !

I moved the stinky but handsome and tall fritillaria imperalis into the garden and this afternoon, tons of lily beetles were caught by me. I went pop, pop, pop and annihilated them with evil satisfaction. It's not nice killing things, kind of feeling nauseating, but they had to be despatched with immediate effect.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I hate squashing green catapillers on the redcurrant bushes, but had to do it. It's not very nice.

Watered the blueberries a bit, helped hubby lift the lawn mower off the wall so that he could do the grass because of his hurnia. Kept an eye on him as he was doing it.Then help him put it back on. The cucumbers are growing in the concervatory and getting fruit on last years chillies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I hate squashing green caterpillars on the redcurrant bushes, but had to do it. It's not very nice.

Watered the blueberries a bit, helped hubby lift the lawn mower off the wall so that he could do the grass because of his hernia. Kept an eye on him as he was doing it.Then help him put it back on. The cucumbers are growing in the conservatory and getting fruit on last years chilies.

Mowers are a bit of a pain, my Flymo's handle folds down and there's a sort of plastic handle in the middle of the top of the body, but it isn't well designed and hurts your hand if you have to carry it any distance. There's also brackets on the handle so you can wind the cord on them. I can't be bothered, I just chuck it in the grass box.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Planted up some hanging baskets for my Dad.
Planted out a couple of borders with Geraniums and some Sweet Williams.
Pricked out some seedlings.
Cleaned the greenhouse, moving out a lot of plants to the cold frames to gradually harden off.
Washed loads of pots and trays.

Came in about 30 minutes ago as I don't like being outside in thunder and lightning. Raining now too, good for watering the new plants :)(y).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Planted up some hanging baskets for my Dad.
Planted out a couple of borders with Geraniums and some Sweet Williams.
Pricked out some seedlings.
Cleaned the greenhouse, moving out a lot of plants to the cold frames to gradually harden off.
Washed loads of pots and trays.

Came in about 30 minutes ago as I don't like being outside in thunder and lightning. Raining now too, good for watering the new plants :)(y).

Well here in "The Tropic of Mersey Valley," we've still got clear skies. So I did water a few pots.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Upsy, we are having rain, of a sort, today too. It started drizzling early this morning, then stopped. We hurried out and trimmed and mowed the back yard. We were just putting equipment away when it started to drizzle again. Such fun to try and outrun Mother Nature!
I decided to just stay in and bake--a dozen Cuban bread rolls, two small Cuban bread loaves, and now the beef stew Gaston is simmering on the stove. Does it count that the parsley in the stew came from our garden?

Ask a Question