What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ll be moving the white and lavender ones cause they do t get enough sun, and white ones are choked by the tiger Lillie’s. Also, the dog run will be going in that area. So I’ll be moving them to around my gazebo along with the rest of the flower bulbs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nothing here either, still cold. Just got back from Texas, laud down to nap, my sister called me to meet her at WR, she thought my nieces ankle was broken. Turned out to just be a bad sprain. Lows in the low 20s tonight, I’m ready for warmer weather! The rain is nice, would prefer it be warmer so that it does the plants good!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nothing done IN my garden, but the future of my garden has begun. Blue Giant Hyssop seedlings.

IMG_7356 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hehe, I got more metal frames to do my raised beds. A good coat of paint, some wood, a pond liner or similar plastic to hold water a bit, and they’ll be ready to grow! I think I could try two styles of the aquaponics, see which does better. Or something along those lines. One may get turned into wood storage, but that’s ok. I’ve got a bigger one at home already, and just got 6, of two sizes, so I can spare one for wood. And maybe one for tools, and anything else I need them to be. I get them free.

Attachments

• 631013EF-C95C-43D1-A090-643C38F69A1E.jpeg
    631013EF-C95C-43D1-A090-643C38F69A1E.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 172
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Dirt Mechanic, since you like debunking garden myths so much, let me debunk that one for you! :D It turns out that belief is wrong, the worms don't come up because they are drowning, they come up because they are migrating !! :LOL:

They are swimming to new territory! :ROFLMAO:

I believe the Great Worm Burial Ground has become my garage floor!

I had put out 5 bags of sulphur and some micro nutrient fertilizer on the lawn. Sooo many things to do in the spring I am behind already on planting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I managed to get most the bulbs dug, expect for the little ones and random ones that have yet to pop up. Consolidated most of them to the bigger pots. So still just 19 pots full, but one is a mix for my step brother to take when he moves. This way he has a few of his moms favorite flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I found several rather large worms as I was digging yesterday, lots of little ones, and a handful of grubs. Worms were covered in dirt or put in a pot with dirt and compost, grubs were tossed for the birds. We have good soil here. Unlike southern Oklahoma, we have dark brown dirt, low clay content, and when the river floods, every few years, it refreshes it. Neighbors fields are paler brown, I presume from steady farming, despite what they add to it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yesterday I pulled up all of the old popcorn stalks. I actually found some ears the animals didn't eat, so shelled them and tried to pop it. It was a multi-colored variety and only about 10 kernels actually popped. I'll have to try another variety this year!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah! My old Whirley Pop does just fine. It's just that my popcorn was put in late and I don't think it fully matured, although the kernels did get very hard.
NO MICROWAVE POPCORN FOR ME!
IF your iPhone does that with popcorn, think about what it is doing to your ear and your brain!

Ask a Question