What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planted out some more broccoli and the remaining courgettes, bean trays are sprouting, brought them out of the greenhouse, watered widely, potted up Tokyo hot chilli seedlings and sweet pepper seedlings, planted out the rest of the Devil's finger chillies, pinched side shoots from tomatoes, weeded the weigela bed ot the front and planted some miniature yellow daffodils that come very early under the bush, cut some grass. Did quite a lot of stuff now I think about it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Watered everything in the Greenhouse.

Had to go to my Bank because a scammed is wanting my money. So my day was messed up from the start.

Did sell $60 worth of plants today.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Check what they are, if it is hogweed it can cause very nasty reactions, use a bit more care and protection than just gloves.
so far no reaction, used gloves, and I pulled a lot. so maybe its not hog weed, its just nuts . So he has weed sprayed the areas pulled, saturated it. SMH. More to do today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
All together we sold over $200 worth of stuff.

big rockpile
But, I think of potting them up. then the pots cost $$ or use the saved ones from nurseries. Then there is the soil, so have to buy a bag of good stuff to mix in with ours to make it look good then that cost $$$. And then there is my time and the value of that $$$. So I talk myself out of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
The Pretty Pots she got for little of nothing at end of season sale. The soil I mix most of it is what I have.
On the road ways here, some folks just put out plants for sale. My street does not get much traffic at all. I have to post online in a local community forum etc. Then it gets down to trusting who I give my address to.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Transplanted this kumquat a few months back, and at the base is growing feverfew!.
Don’t remember when it was planted- such a pleasant surprise, and a flowering herb
with many medicinal benefits!

kumquat_with_feverfew.jpg

Last edited:

Ostrodamus

Mercenary turned gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This is my first season direct sowing seeds. Today I discovered an entire row of radishes and beets have emerged, as well as a handful of corn and broccoli and sunflowers. I watered the beds, researched and purchased a "safe" pesticide and potted up a bunch of starters. Trimmed my pot plants of all their leaf miners. Installed the first two of six grow lights in the greenhouse.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dead Headed and cleaned up some plants for sale.

Mulched some Cannas and Elephant Ear.

Seen my Butterfly Buch that I planted is Blooming. My Cabbage is looking better than it ever has.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a bit of wisteria pruning today on this one.

View attachment 103313

The blossom is not all out yet, but already it is producing new growth which will travel a great distance, if kept unchecked. They don't produce flowers, so I don't want them, I've enough branches that produce blossom, so I don't need more foliage than I will get.
This is what I pruned off this morning. It's almost a weekly job until the end of September.

View attachment 103314
There's more to come of this lot. But I'll wait until the white blossom is out before tackling both varieties.
View attachment 103315
In your first image of the wisteria against your fence, the branches seem well established and mature, yet you have beautiful flowers coming off them at source rather than flowers coming from extended growth. How have you managed to keep this so lovely over the years? I’ve just drastically cut ours back and it spans the entire of our front elevation, and I’m hoping to achieve the same flowering you have!

Ask a Question