What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Country
United States
What did I do in my garden today? Well, I've been growing sprouts all year long! They consist of broccoli, radish, clover, and alfalfa. They are yummy! You can grow them indoors all year long! Great on sandwiches and burgers!

Reaction score
Country
India
What did I do in my garden today? Well, I've been growing sprouts all year long! They consist of broccoli, radish, clover, and alfalfa. They are yummy! You can grow them indoors all year long! Great on sandwiches and burgers!

Hey, do you have a link or a video to know more about growing sprouts for beginners that I could refer and start now?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing yesterday it was raining and today frosty so can't do anything and tomorrow it's going to rain again. Got to finish tying up the blackberries.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, do you have a link or a video to know more about growing sprouts for beginners that I could refer and start now?
It's super easy! I buy my sprouts at sprouthouse.com. Then you will need maybe 2 - 4 pint glass mason jars with stainless steel lids. Be sure and get lids with mesh stainless steel screens. Once you have this equipment put 1 rounded tablespoon of sprouts into each jar before you go to bed and fill jar halfway with water. Soak seeds overnight. In the morning pour off the water and keep the jars with the screens facing down. I usually put them in a bowl so they can drain and stay upside down. Then you rinse them once daily until they are mature and ready to eat! This takes about 5 to 8 days depending on how warm your house is. I like to put them in a sunny spot during the days. Have fun! I recommend the broccoli, clover, radish, alfalfa mix!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I stripped the leaves off the last of the wisterias, those on the back of the house and the one trained round the side of the house. I do this when they start going yellow at this time of the year, the new buds have already formed. I also give them a bit of a prune. More severe pruning between Christmas and New Year.

So not many more leaves to clear now.
This mimosa in its big tub will soon be in flower.

P1040676.JPG

This is the white one I want to "cascade" over its pergola. It's easier to strip of leaves, just run your gloved hand up the branches.
P1040677.JPG

This one I did a week ago.

P1040678.JPG

Most of those on next door's silver birch leaves have fallen. They are a pain to clear every year. These trees are really too big for suburban gardens.

P1040679.JPG

I gave the birdbath a go with the jet wash (took the top off and did it in the drive against the fence to make less mess) Jetwashing is the only way to get the "green" off it.

Tomorrow, I'll sort out the fountain, but that just need leaves removing and a bit of a scrub with a pad.
Then a bit more leafcollecting at the bottom of the garden, then I'm pretty much done for the winter. I'm pleased as it's back to playing golf next week!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The birdbath and the fountain became "green free" with the Karcher.

P1040685.JPG

P1040686.JPG

I've put the castors back on the pot movers on the "rose patio" I take them off in the summer as with the foliage they can become unstable and they can be blown over. As they're all cermic pots they can shatter (at around thirty quid a time). They are harder to move without the castors but possible. Having put them back it was easy to move them around whilst I jetwashed the flags.

Looking pretty "dead leaf free now."

P1040687.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Husband picking up a back hoe today to move some soil, and rearrange certain areas. I am going to still move leaves and do some pruning. put up our outside Christmas lights last night, actually I moved them to a different location better there. will see if I can get a video of them to post.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Absolutely nothing. It was freakin' 22F out there! I didn't even go out and fix one of the Christmas lights that wasn't working. Started the car remotely and turned on the heater and seat warmers too! The only "plant" I am actively tending right now is my ginger beer plant. (It's not really a plant, it's a culture something like Yogurt and Kombucha.) Gotta get that bottled before my ankle surgery next week - and get my lime pickles done too. I guess it's one way to make sure I have all my christmas shopping done early!

Ask a Question