What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was nice outside today. 13 degrees and sunny. So i sorted the compost bin, was a bit clogged up, added some compost on top of the soil and cut down a couple small trees which had seen better days. The strawberry patch had been taken over by nettles so got rid of all of them too.

I have tons to do in the garden this summer. Plus I went overboard on the seeds this year and have like 20 odd veg and herbs to grow.

-1 and snow forecast for the next couple weeks tho (n)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We also made good use of the sunshine - it was hard to believe that here in sunny Kent we have another beast from the east coming...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We sat on the front porch and watch the snow melt. Miss Fern didn't want to get her feet wet so there was no walk for us today.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am planting some cherry tomatoes, I am excited about these. They are not the regular round shape cherry tomatoes, they are the oblong ones but very small. I got my seeds from a friend. Can't wait for the harvest :D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
But it's not from the same place as the one 3 years ago. This one is from Scandinavia the other was from Siberia.
Ohh.... thanks for that Logan, maybe it will be a more interesting kind of snow - goody, I can hardly wait. Just hope my groceries from Tesco get through the drifts tomorrow :joyful:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSC00529.JPG

If it carries on like this today (and they said it would) we won`t be getting our delivery scheduled for 7 - 8pm :(

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of the best gardening tips you'll ever get is to plan your new garden near a water source. Make sure you can run a hose to your garden site, so you don't have to lug water to it each time your plants get thirsty. The best way to tell if plants need watering is to push a finger an inch down into the soil (that's about one knuckle deep). If it's dry, it's time to water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
One of the best gardening tips you'll ever get is to plan your new garden near a water source. Make sure you can run a hose to your garden site, so you don't have to lug water to it each time your plants get thirsty. The best way to tell if plants need watering is to push a finger an inch down into the soil (that's about one knuckle deep). If it's dry, it's time to water.
it is a rarity I water my garden. seems mother nature helps out very well in my area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have a water hose running to a connection in the side of my green house. From there I ran pvc pipe to each bed and installed a ball valve at each bed. I need to complete them with a soaker hose for each bed, but the weather turned cold and will remain so for at least another ten days. Pretty hard to work outside in 10 degree weather. My back porch has tomato , broccoli, cabbage and turnips coming up, but they have really slowed down. The temp out there has fallen to 50 degrees thanks to a small space heater. Come on , spring!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a water hose running to a connection in the side of my green house. From there I ran pvc pipe to each bed and installed a ball valve at each bed. I need to complete them with a soaker hose for each bed, but the weather turned cold and will remain so for at least another ten days. Pretty hard to work outside in 10 degree weather. My back porch has tomato , broccoli, cabbage and turnips coming up, but they have really slowed down. The temp out there has fallen to 50 degrees thanks to a small space heater. Come on , spring!
Cor Don, I wish it were a balmy 10 degrees here at the moment - it`s even harder to work in - 0 degrees - especially when you can`t see where the garden is - I agree, hurry up spring (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
With several days of light rain and moderate temps in our future I fertilized this and I fertilized that and then fertilized some other things. Next up is getting the summer garden ready.

Ask a Question