JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Took down my bee houses. I put them up a few years back when my garden was still establishing itself. Now that the garden has matured, there are hundreds and hundreds of stems for the bees, which is a healthier option for them. Native bee houses require yearly replacement of the nesting cavities to prevent or limit parasites. It was fun for a few years but I'm ready for nature to do it's thing without my help, so the bee houses are gone. I also piled some leaves over my new section of garden to help protect my seeds from the birds. Cannot wait for my new garden sections to begin growing next year.

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Admin, why can not I write a message?
-------------
I created a topic about Flowers, Vegetables and Fruits ..
To grow these things, you need Compost ..
Admin, your problems in poop and urine for composting?
:jimlad:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
There was a problem earlier today when the board and a couple of others on the same server weren't available, but only for a time. Maybe, they tried to post when it was being sorted out?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Couldn't start until well after lunch as it was too frosty. You just leave dark marks on lawns if you walk on them while it's like that. Just cleared the leaves from the drive and the front garden. No time to do the back garden as I needed to clean my golf clubs trolley and car. Finished as it was getting dark. I haven't played for over a week due to the weather, but as it's going to dry for at least five days, so I should get three rounds in next week. I can clear the leaves in the back garden any afternoon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Too wet to do anything today, the leaves will have to wait.

Took these photos of "Waggy" through the French windows, he was keeping an eye on me whilst I did it. He spends a lot of time in the garden around the patio. He seems to have boundless energy. Although he was standing on the rim of the birdbath for a good five minutes. He keep himself very tidy.

P1030526.JPG

P1030530.JPG

I said to my wife this morning, "The squirrel soon clears the half-handful of nuts I leave out for him every day."

"That's because there's three of them."

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I was having problem with birds, so I made a scarer out of an OLD CD, taped in a popsicle stick and stick it into the pot, layered on top of the pots also, hopefully it would work to scare them off.

Attachments

• E90AA53E-E82C-4924-9B56-C6E3931E5F29.jpeg
    E90AA53E-E82C-4924-9B56-C6E3931E5F29.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 102
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I was having problem with birds, so I made a scarer out of an OLD CD, taped in a popsicle stick and stick it into the pot, layered on top of the pots also, hopefully it would work to scare them off.
If I taped cd's to my cats would it stop them from bringing birds into the house?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
It was dry for most of the day yesterday so I cleaed most of the dead leaves from the borders in the back garden. I blew the remaing few right to the back along the side fence. The green bin is full again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Planted 12 pencil hollies in what I hope to prove are good locations. Blew up leaves as usual and put them in what I hope will be a new garden area where I cannot grow grass. My wife has a growing concern, and I cannot blame her, as it is an unpainted canvas. I have a small inkling a gazebo will sprout from the middle but I do not think I will tell her that, so that her input is unsullied. And more entertaining! Its not being mean..I promise.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a look round today, nothing desperate that needs attention, apart from sweeping up a lot of moss the birds have thrown off the garage roof whilst they've been looking for bugs.

If it's dry tomorrow or Sunday, I'll give all the Wisterias their winter prune.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Just had a look round today, nothing desperate that needs attention, apart from sweeping up a lot of moss the birds have thrown off the garage roof whilst they've been looking for bugs.

If it's dry tomorrow or Sunday, I'll give all the Wisterias their winter prune.
I would like a wisteria over a canopy in the yard. I imagine I will be told it will try to take over the world!

Would wisteria climb a tree to get that double take flowering hardwood look? I have more hardwoods than you can shake a stick at

Ask a Question