What did you do in your garden today?

maddynamite

Love to have my own Garden!
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Everyone!

I recently joined this forum and can't wait to be a part of this community. The forum looks super cool and you guys are so active. I don't have a garden as yet. I live in a small apartment, but I should be moving to a new place and will have a big garden to take care of. Will update everyone :)

Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Put in some sod plugs. A little late probably but with to much competing for my time it just now got to the top of the list.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
The soil finally dried enough to get the six Celebrity tomatoes in, and the six CalWonder bell peppers. I also have one sweet banana pepper planted. With the rest of the space I'll put in the basil and parsley seedlings. Rain is predicted for tonight and tomorrow, so any playing in the dirt will be potting up seedlings to give to friends.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The soil finally dried enough to get the six Celebrity tomatoes in, and the six CalWonder bell peppers. I also have one sweet banana pepper planted. With the rest of the space I'll put in the basil and parsley seedlings. Rain is predicted for tonight and tomorrow, so any playing in the dirt will be potting up seedlings to give to friends.
I am planting celebrity also. Maybe something else if I find some seed. I did not do much this year because Becky said she wanted to be the summer gardener this year. She did not start anything, probably thinking just buy them. Anyway, with no motion much on her side, I got her some celebrity and just got finished with the hill rows. Rake and a shovel. Wished I owned a hiller for the tiller. The big beds are for crawling squash. I think it might be a good year to trellis some squash and see how it goes. SVB chase them pretty hard.
IMG_20190412_185258.jpg
IMG_20190412_185326.jpg

When the frog strangler rainstorms come, those hills will be islands.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Celebrities are a reliable tomato for us, as are Romas. If you can find starts of Roma tomatoes, I highly recommend them for both canning and making marinara sauce. If you need the marinara recipe, I will send it to you.
I love the look of your soil, so smooth, so rock-free, so loamy!
We trellised squash one year and found that we had fewer squash, but they were easier to find since the squash weren't hiding under huge leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Celebrities are a reliable tomato for us, as are Romas. If you can find starts of Roma tomatoes, I highly recommend them for both canning and making marinara sauce. If you need the marinara recipe, I will send it to you.
I love the look of your soil, so smooth, so rock-free, so loamy!
We trellised squash one year and found that we had fewer squash, but they were easier to find since the squash weren't hiding under huge leaves.
I will remember that recipe offer when the buckets of tomatoes start rolling in!

Those secondary roots have a part to play. I swear the plant can grow faster than bugs can eat it.

Ask a Question