what can be done on this area?

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
so i have this area beside the balcony wall just next to the entry stairs, i dont know what to put over here, i dont know if i can still put anything and winter is on doors, but i can wait till spring. what i want something that is not seasonal and i have to re plant next year, i have planted "Fragrance night" plant where the rock circle is since this plant makes the nigh smell so good on the balcony, what else can i add?
2a12650e-bdb8-4523-b85a-fdb23b5b7d73.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I admit I have utterly no clue what you have available to you in Lebanon. Do succulents (cactus) grow well where you live? Do you have garden centers or shops where you can buy garden plants?

I'm sorry if these are dumb questions. My sister lived in Israel for almost 20 years and for the short time they were in a house with a garden rather than an apartment, she told me opportunities for actually buying plants commercially was really limited. She did cobble a garden together from mainly getting seeds and starter plants from people she knew. No garden centers there like we have in the US.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hyacinths are a perennial that is native to Lebanon, and they smell good, too.

Hyacinthus orientalis (common hyacinth, garden hyacinth or Dutch hyacinth

220px-Hyacinthus_orientalis0.jpg

:) Oh, lucky you! It says here : http://www.gardenguides.com/120551-flowers-lebanon.html . . that your winters are mild enough you can have flowers bloom year-round! There's a list of flowers for all seasons. It doesn't say whether they're perennial or not, so you'll have to do a bit of research.

At this website: http://www.theflowerexpert.com/cont...rs/national-native-popular-flowers-of-lebanon . . I got this:

QUOTE = "Some of the native flowers of Lebanon include, Eunomia oppositifolia, Origanum libanoticum and Hyacinth (lily).

The popular flowers of the country grown here are, Opium poppy, Blue Stars, Begonia, Zinia, Vinca, Camelia, Poppies, Dahlia, Oeillet De Chine, Jasmine, Almond Flowers, Mirabilis Jalapa , Alyssum Montanum, Tropaeolum, carnations, Latana Camara, snow white, Cactus, cortanica Mirabilis jalapa, Gerbera, Arum, Red Eye, Gladioulus, Orange Flowers, Iris and wild flowers.

Roses, Lilium, Hortansia, Sun Flowers, Red Bell, Gerbera, Arum, Red Eye and Gladioulus = UNQUOTE.

Again, I don't know if everything is perennial in that list, but I don't know what colors you like, either, so you'll have to look them up. At least it gives you a place to start.

Hope that helps! :)

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
Hyacinths are a perennial that is native to Lebanon, and they smell good, too.

Hyacinthus orientalis (common hyacinth, garden hyacinth or Dutch hyacinth

220px-Hyacinthus_orientalis0.jpg

:) Oh, lucky you! It says here : http://www.gardenguides.com/120551-flowers-lebanon.html . . that your winters are mild enough you can have flowers bloom year-round! There's a list of flowers for all seasons. It doesn't say whether they're perennial or not, so you'll have to do a bit of research.

At this website: http://www.theflowerexpert.com/cont...rs/national-native-popular-flowers-of-lebanon . . I got this:

QUOTE = "Some of the native flowers of Lebanon include, Eunomia oppositifolia, Origanum libanoticum and Hyacinth (lily).

The popular flowers of the country grown here are, Opium poppy, Blue Stars, Begonia, Zinia, Vinca, Camelia, Poppies, Dahlia, Oeillet De Chine, Jasmine, Almond Flowers, Mirabilis Jalapa , Alyssum Montanum, Tropaeolum, carnations, Latana Camara, snow white, Cactus, cortanica Mirabilis jalapa, Gerbera, Arum, Red Eye, Gladioulus, Orange Flowers, Iris and wild flowers.

Roses, Lilium, Hortansia, Sun Flowers, Red Bell, Gerbera, Arum, Red Eye and Gladioulus = UNQUOTE.

Again, I don't know if everything is perennial in that list, but I don't know what colors you like, either, so you'll have to look them up. At least it gives you a place to start.

Hope that helps! :)

That was really helpful i already got a jasmine, ill look up of the other things you listed to see what fit my place.

Ask a Question