Are my cucumber plants done for?

Reaction score
Country
United States
6ADC5565-47FE-4351-AD62-24F5BBC59927.jpeg
C6D3BD2D-9CEF-47F1-91D7-E83ED6E9E139.jpeg
i have been spraying my cucumber plants since I transplanted them every week with neem oil liquid copper and a small amount of liquid dish soap. What is wrong with my plants? Can I save them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That reminds me more of a burn than an infection. What do you feed, spray besides what you mentioned? Water? The color is very deep. Are you overconcentrating nutrients?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are 2 more leaves front and back. I use 2tbs neem oil 2tbs liquid copper and 1tbs liquid soap in a gallon of water is this too much? What would you recommend? OTher then that I just water regularly. None of my other plants are affected just the cukes. O I just sprayed diatomaceous earth yesterday so that’s not the problem
BB94BCBB-0C3B-4582-B28E-879EAA242A4B.jpeg
8BDD84BC-4EE8-4773-B7B1-587DCE597E94.jpeg
0AABFC05-EB9B-46B7-9D08-322B5E1131D8.jpeg
47ECABD5-C9AD-4DB8-B651-4CE95F904D24.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I do not really see yellow of infection but a definition for Pseudomonas lachrymans is that it does not cross main veins. Reliance on Neem oil as a fungicide can be misplaced. It can actually clean house and promote some fungi for example, such as fusarium. This is also true for some bacterial infections. Try some thyme oil instead, or garlic oil might be next best. Copper is a shield effort. But it has gaps at those small molecule levels and might need a better carrier. Also, mycostop and actinovate are both from the bacterial family from which we derive streptomycin antibiotic. They will actively seek out disease and knock it in the head. The use of silicone or parrafinic or mineral oil will also provide a breathable layer through which the chemistry of pathogenic hyphae will have trouble dissolving to gain access to the interior of the plant and might be added to copper as an improved protective layer that still breathes and does not suffocate the plant. Having said all that it is in the back of my mind that without yellowing signs of infection it may be a micronutrient issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok so I should get actinovate and that should cure my problem? And after that use thyme oil instead of neem? What about the liquid copper usage?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Are all of the cucumber leaves affected or just a few older leaves. This looks a lot like old insect damage such as is caused by aphids or thrips.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are all of the cucumber leaves affected or just a few older leaves. This looks a lot like old insect damage such as is caused by aphids or thrips.
I have had some cucumber beetles. The tops of the plants have green leaves and are still flowering for the most part.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So what would you recommend in the future? Is it too late for them?
That is old damage. I would keep a close eye out for any insects, especially on the bottom side of the leaves and when I found a bad insect I would spray with a spinosad based insecticide. Neem is OK for egg contol but is iffy when it comes to killing power, especially beetles and stink bugs. On stink bugs contact is very important.

Ask a Question