Weirdest looking flower ever?

Reaction score
Great user name! I need something like that for my next adventure in online dating, lol. Are you new to the forum? Don't think I've seen you around before. You're right about the flower that looks like lips, lol. There are some strange things in the plant kingdom!

Thank you! Yes, I am a new member, I joined the forum last Firday and I'm glad I did--I'm learning knew things. Yes, there are definitely strange things in the plant kingdom! :)

Reaction score
Yes, this picture I posted is a passion flower...I think it looks quite strange from every angle but I agree - it's stunning. It looks like a piece of art. Here is another picture:

Passion_flower_blooms.JPG

And a close up:

1346250803_IMG_2464.jpg

Stunning indeed! I've never seen anything like this. Do you happen to know the name of this flower or what I could find out more information.?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Stunning indeed! I've never seen anything like this. Do you happen to know the name of this flower or what I could find out more information.?

Like I said, it's a passion flower:) . The other name for it is Passiflora I guess. Unfortunately I don't know anything about it - except it has beautiful flowers - because it doesn't grow in my area. As far as I know it has a lot of species.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Like I said, it's a passion flower:) . The other name for it is Passiflora I guess. Unfortunately I don't know anything about it - except it has beautiful flowers - because it doesn't grow in my area. As far as I know it has a lot of species.

I wish I knew more about them; the first time I saw one I was walking down the sidewalk in my neighborhood and I saw a passionflower vine growing on a fence. I was completely startled by how amazing they looked. I'd never seen anything like them. The sort of do look like something that would you'd expect to have come from outer space, but they're so cool!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, it must be wonderful to have such strange and beautiful flowers growing just like that, on a fence:)
Here is another strange flower:

dziwny-kwiat-2_143_29.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it doesn't look real...I wonder how it smells like, I hope better than it looks:p . It reminds me of some kind of a monster, I would be scared to touch it:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This flower in the first picture looks like a weird, twisted cat, it's so funny - but also quite creepy:eek: . And the flower in the last picture looks like an alien:p
Some flowers are so surprising:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's so weird! Is it a real flower? To me it looks like two birds who are hugging each other, it's kind of cute:p
On the other hand, it reminds me of raw meat:eek:

Reaction score
I have to successfully grow a voodoo lily at least once. They can grow with or without dirt, and based on whether they are in dirt the look different. Well, at lease that is what I hear. I am fascinated with plants that have personality.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Wow, it doesn't look real...I wonder how it smells like, I hope better than it looks:p . It reminds me of some kind of a monster, I would be scared to touch it:p

I agree, it doesn't look real! What it looks like is something out of Alice in Wonderland! I'd be too afraid to smell it as it would probably have a weird odor, or the smell would likely effect you in some kind of way! Heck, it might even grab you like Seymore, lol!

So many responses here that I never saw :-(

Reaction score
ChanellG, this picture you posted isn't showing up for me.
Becky, what a lovely flower:p
This one is pretty weird too - but also really beautiful:

image_1.jpg

That looks like something that came from an alien planet. Whoever took this picture knew what he/she was doing, this was a very clear shot :)!!! The flower has a very unique structure and the mix of colours is quite now :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I know, passion flower is so unique! I've never seen it it person, but I'm sure it wouldn't disappoint me. It always looks so stunning in pictures.

Does anyone know the name of this flower?:

weird_flowers.jpg

It's very pretty and weird, I haven't seen anything like it before.

Ask a Question