Weird small plant situation

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hi guys. A few weeks ago i started peas from seed, part of my son's school project. I started it off by germinating it in a paper towl and planted the seed a few days later. It grew up very nicely and eventually transplanted in its final pot. Now the weird situation is, the peas plant stopped growing, its about the size of my palm but it managed to grow 2 flowers, 1 of them is already giving fruit. It doesnt seem normal to me but i might be wrong! Any help will be appreciated, thank u all.

20200606_103229.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi guys. A few weeks ago i started peas from seed, part of my son's school project. I started it off by germinating it in a paper towl and planted the seed a few days later. It grew up very nicely and eventually transplanted in its final pot. Now the weird situation is, the peas plant stopped growing, its about the size of my palm but it managed to grow 2 flowers, 1 of them is already giving fruit. It doesnt seem normal to me but i might be wrong! Any help will be appreciated, thank u all.

View attachment 66384
The plant is chorotic (yellow) because of lack of nutrients and thus growth has slowed. Give it a little fertilizer

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
The plant is chorotic (yellow) because of lack of nutrients and thus growth has slowed. Give it a little fertilizer
Oh thank u, it does appear to be yellow on the photo, more than in reality, but it does have this yellowish color, any suggestions for Legume fertilizers?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh thank u, it does appear to be yellow on the photo, more than in reality, but it does have this yellowish color, any suggestions for Legume fertilizers?
It would be a waste of money to buy a small bag of fertilizer for one plant. The lifespan of this plant might be 2 more months. I guess what would be best is to go where plants are sold and buy the smallest liquid plant fertilizer available. Legumes don't need a lot of nitrogen but they do need other macro and micro nutrients. So, when you find liquid fertilizer get the one with the lowest nitrogen number, the N number of the NPK numbers on the bottle of the fertilizer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Urine diluted 9 water - 1 urine and a banana skin.
Your post reminds me of my military induction physical exam. There was this sergeant with a speech impediment there doing the urine analysis and he kept screaming this at us. "Hiss in the hup! Hiss in the hup." It still cracks me up.

Ask a Question