Weather

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We call them typhoon back home, @Rajesh Sethi and @Larisa . They could be very scary. But it seems strange to me people don't tie down their stuff. Dad would climb up the roof and put some tarpaulin weighed down with something heavy. We did wake up to the saga that neighbour's whole roof had been blown away. Scary stuff indeed.

Today's weather now cloudy and cool, probably 12c now.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The Russian storm gets reported here

Student, 20, is 'sliced to death' by a falling tree and 11 more people are killed as Moscow is hit by its 'deadliest storm in more than 100 years'
  • People 'died on the spot' with winds recorded at 70mph tearing through the city
  • Shocking images show destructive aftermath of the deadly storm
  • At least 18,000 people in the Russian capital have been left without electricity
Serious stuff.

@splinx Whoa, that's hot 28C .. and you're nearly autumn.. or autumn.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Morning all, was up early, but one of our dogs had a upset stomach. Up a lot through the night. Cloudy here but mild.

I hope he recover soon, hairball?

I fail to understand dogs, they run looking at sky and start to bark. May be a bat or something spooky that we can't sense.:ROFLMAO:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I hope he recover soon, hairball?

I fail to understand dogs, they run looking at sky and start to bark. May be a bat or something spooky that we can't sense.:ROFLMAO:
Yes thanks. He picked up a stomach bug licking the grass, but he should be better soon. Their not like us, they still want to eat. So have to stop his food so he can recover.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The mist is upon us :eek:
DSCI0002 (9).JPG
DSCI0004 (6).JPG
DSCI0005 (5).JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta Logan :)

And thankfully no pirates came out of the mist to reclaim their stolen gold :)

Locked the van door though, can't be too careful :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
We've been in a mini-drought, as seen here: (last report 16 May) http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

I expect that to change after the rains we've had over the last three days, especially yesterday, which was very heavy and long. My rain barrel is completely full.
Seems like the rainy season has begun. We got another round of rain last night and it completely filled up my 96-gallon rain barrel (trash can:p). We even had a little quarter-sized hail. Looking like rain now, but really want the sun to come back out...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Should be 28C tomorrow. Will start work early, shut down about noon and get going again about 5pm. I get too cranky in the heat.

Same here! Always surprised by people boasting about their love of hot heather when it's 27C..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very hot today. 26 at least. Thank heavens we got to sit under trees and the cool breezes just made the heat much more bearable.

Ask a Question