Weather

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
We are very calm here and I think will remain so for the day. I took some ice from the garden and this morning, it is still in ice form. Hope you don't get caught in the terrible mess, Logan! Get a proper water proof hat please and a scarf. A proper scarf, thick socks will make a lot of difference.
Thanks I've got a thick hat and thick socks. I've tried putting 2 pairs of socks on but they restrict my toes too much. Thanks.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
LOL! 2 pairs of socks! I had 2 pairs of trousers on last night. A thick pair of socks (ski socks from Aldi. The best is the woollen socks from M&S bought at bootsale for £3.50, properly savvy staff buying up clearance stock. Bargain and that was 5 years ago!)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all very cold windy snow showers and drifting with the wind ,We had to set off at 7 am this morning grandparenting duty’s as all the schools are shut and the parents had to go to work .

I wish I could have that kind of duty. Be careful if you need to drive or walk on a trodden pathway. Make sure Mrs Zenji has shoes with proper grip, a scarf and gloves. Last night, I saw a man slipping on hardened ice and we laughed about it just after that as he didn't really fall. But be very careful when you are out and about!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not one for going on about the weather but ......Don't try driving my way This is the road to my caravan this morning :D even walking down there is not easy:cool:
28423658_10100160239046959_6718693016016481505_o.jpg

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A bit of snow and the UK grinds to an halt.

Another 4" of snow fell during the night and it was still snowing at 7:45 as I headed out after breakfast; I still wear my summer gear being wrapped up like an Eskimo; I've just posted on my workshop thread but here's a copy; I've just knocked off;

On with two pairs of socks; heavy work boots; two thick jumpers; heavy work coat; one wooly knitted hat with ear muffs; one flat cap over; coat hood pulled over these and a pair of rigger gloves; 220' of wide pathway; patio; 40' decking; around the new garden shed ; the driveway and finally find our Yeti under last night's snowfall all whilst the breeze was blasting me with powdery snow; I've never been keen on winter sports and all I want to do is spend some time in peace in my workshop. Retirement here in Yorkshire is a punishment rather than a pleasure.

60 years ago kids walked to school in worse weather than this and schools didn't close.

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@johnny canoe You must be laughing your head off seeing all your mother hens shivering and some moaning about the cold and inaction. Today is meteologically FIRST DAY OF SPRING!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello alp,
Not laughing right now since checking the forecast for Calgary.
If you have to be out, dress in layers and keep moving, you will be quite toasty. And what ever you do, don't get sleepy and take a nap outside, you won't wake up.lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We had 7/8" of rain early this morning but it's clearing now. Our temperature is 60, but that is supposed to improve, too. I'm so glad I got the second planting of onions and the lettuces and carrots in yesterday. They got a good drink!
Those of you with snow and bitter cold, I hope you stay safe and warm, and that Mother Nature rewards you with a fine spring and mild summer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Would love to see the state of you! LOL!
You think I'm Crazy lol Someone else took that this morning & the Picture was sent to Me I'm Snowed in:cool:. Was Going to try and walk there But Have had a rethink & have picked up my guitar for a bit till its happy hour at the Pub :) That's my plan;)

Ask a Question