Weather

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
This is the new BBC weather report format. Dire!
View attachment 32082

Dire report and dire weather!
Morning, light snow here. Temperature -2 .Down to 1
Sunrise 7.41
Sunset 17.03
Yes i know they've got some other people to do the weather. Hubby has known for a long time that it they will change.
I got it on my phone a few days ago,not very good and it doesn't update it very well. Don't know if that's my phone, but it wasn't like that before.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A picture like that with no temperatures is the worst you can get. Also now I can even see the diurnal change at a glance. I have to follow the arrow to go to the next page for the afternoon and even that is not 24 hours. Change, but not for the better.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
DSCI0012.JPG
DSCI0010.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zigs and Colin won't appreciate this but IT'S RAINING!!!! We are in an official drought, so moisture from the sky rather than the rain barrels is greatly welcome. It also means the cats are in their shelter, the hens are inside and grumpy, and since I won't be working outside today I have to clean house. But, the rain is welcome . . . .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs and Colin won't appreciate this but IT'S RAINING!!!! We are in an official drought, so moisture from the sky rather than the rain barrels is greatly welcome. It also means the cats are in their shelter, the hens are inside and grumpy, and since I won't be working outside today I have to clean house. But, the rain is welcome . . . .
:D:D:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-2-7_5-24-49.png

from the met office! Some useful sunshine. Hot water bottle in the lean to to raise the temperature.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, Sunny intervals and light wind. Temp. - 2 to 3

Sunrise 7.39

Sunset 17.05
This was taken at 7.08am
IMG_20180207_070755.jpg

It's getting lighter.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
When I got up about 4.45, I was upstairs and saw the light, thinking that the day got brighter earlier. Then I felt very ill and so to bed with alarm set to 7am. I then found out that the "light" was actually reflection of snow! Not a continuous cover, but dusting here and there in my garden, very big patches though!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Thank you. I think from now on, I need to go to bed at 11pm or I wake up at 4 and be miserable as I tend to feel ill after getting up. Amazing how a second of lost consciousness can restore my spirit.

I saw the 7 exercises by two sisters and might follow that, but it seems hard work.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Currently it is 21F with a wind chill of 16F. Cloudy, but it's 1:00 am, so who can tell with all that dark out there?! :LOL:

Overnight Tuesday to Wednesday, we had freezing rain. It came down fast and thick, at least a half inch covering everything. I had to open the store on Wednesday, but I got out of work early enough to take a few pretty pictures!! :D

I had to drive home extra-slow, the ice had already melted from the roads, but everything was just so pretty!!! :love: I wanted to stop on the way and take pictures, but it seemed too awkward... "I'm only parking in your driveway to take a picture of the way your asparagus is catching the light..."

I found a "diamond" on top of the bush! ;)

0207181450N.jpg

I'm going to post more in the "What's Looking Good" thread, if you want to see others. :)

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/whats-looking-good-in-february-2018.13329/page-2

Ask a Question