Watering Aragula

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I've got aragulas in my garden. They were growing pretty well, but some of them stopped growing, dried, then died. What could be the problem? Live in the tropics so the water them pretty much daily. Thanks for your response.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Without photos it's impossible to tell whether it is too much or too little water. Arugula likes moist soil but not wet. If the plant just dried up without any symptoms it is probably some type of root eating grub causing the problem. Pull one of the dead plants and see what the roots look like.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I've got aragulas in my garden. They were growing pretty well, but some of them stopped growing, dried, then died. What could be the problem? Live in the tropics so the water them pretty much daily. Thanks for your response.
There are a few reasons why your arugula plants may have stopped growing, dried out, and died:

Overwatering: While arugula needs regular watering, too much water can lead to root rot and other fungal diseases, which can cause the plant to die. Make sure that the soil is well-draining and that you are not watering the plants too much.

Lack of sunlight: Arugula needs at least 4-6 hours of sunlight per day to grow properly. If the plants are not getting enough sunlight, they may not grow properly and could eventually die.

Poor soil quality: Arugula prefers well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter. If the soil is poor or the pH is not right, the plants may struggle to grow and could eventually die.

Pests or diseases: Arugula is susceptible to a variety of pests and diseases, including flea beetles, aphids, and powdery mildew. If the plants are infested with pests or affected by a disease, they may stop growing and eventually die.

To determine the cause of the problem, you may want to examine the plants and soil more closely. Check the soil moisture level, make sure the plants are getting enough sunlight, and look for signs of pests or disease. If you suspect that the soil is the problem, you may want to consider adding some organic matter or fertilizer to improve its quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question