Buried watering hose outlet spews water

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a timer system connected to buried hoses with outlets to water a garden. It was already there when I moved in so I do not know its origin. Recently, one of the outlets started spewing way too much water. See attached. I'm looking for advice on how to repair (or even what brand this thing is so I can look at replacement parts.

Attachments

• path291.png
    path291.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what brand you use. They all work the same way, and that is a small hole is punched into the main line and the emitter (the thing that shoots or drips the water out) is pushed into that hole in the main line. Try you local Home Depot they sell them at some stores. You can also try and take the cap off the emitter and see if there is anything in it causing it to spray out too fast. The worst case senerio is that the hole in the main line is too big and water is getting out the sides. In that case cut the line where the hole is and use a connector to put it back together.

Ask a Question