Vintage gardener new to forum

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m now spending less time with hands in the dirt so I will enjoy reading what you are all doing. However the weeds don’t know that I’d like to slow down. I have boarder beds around most of my corner lot, an 8/8 herb garden and a brick walk that circles the house. Scaling back and keeping the walk free of grass are current goals.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Mogrow and a big welcome to the forum :) Whatever happens - don`t stop gardening! My own garden has more chairs dotted around now than ever before, we are all getting older every day - even those youngsters!!
If we do a little bit - often, it will hopefully help us not to seize up altogether.
What you have to do is find a younger person who wants to lend a hand - maybe someone who is interested in gardening, but has no garden of their own. My mother told me it`s no good getting old without getting crafty ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello @Mogrow and a big welcome to the forum :) Whatever happens - don`t stop gardening! My own garden has more chairs dotted around now than ever before, we are all getting older every day - even those youngsters!!
If we do a little bit - often, it will hopefully help us not to seize up altogether.
What you have to do is find a younger person who wants to lend a hand - maybe someone who is interested in gardening, but has no garden of their own. My mother told me it`s no good getting old without getting crafty ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tetters, we think alike. I had a Kiddo a couple hours a week and that helped. Now that temperatures are more conducive to longer time outside I found some help for fall. The brick walk is another problem, but one project at a time. Thanks

Ask a Question