Please Help me save my raspberry&apricot! I'm a beginner gardener.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have planted apricot tree (bareroot) and rasberry plants a month ago.

Apricot was sprouting but all of the sprouts, tips were dried out.

I watered it well but leaves are crisp.

My rasberry is becoming pale and dries out. Are these disease?

Can I save this plant in any ways? please help!!

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @silvergraylub . Bareroot trees and shrubs are usually planted during the dormant season, and maybe that`s why your tree is showing signs of stress. Maybe if you leave it, and the leaves fall off in the autumn it will bounce back for you in the spring.....hope so.
The raspberry might be showing a fungal problem ..... but can you see any insects on or around it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Have you checked for spider mites on the raspberry. I know of two things that cause the whitish silverish color on the leaves. One is spider mites and the other powdery mildew.

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi all,
thank you for the replies.
I have checked the plants and it does not have either any insects nor powery mildew.
I actually see the same yellowing (pale) on the next potted rasberry but not as severe.
Can it be the ph issue? i checked and ph for both soil was 7.5.
please let me know. thank you!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
hi all,
thank you for the replies.
I have checked the plants and it does not have either any insects nor powery mildew.
I actually see the same yellowing (pale) on the next potted rasberry but not as severe.
Can it be the ph issue? i checked and ph for both soil was 7.5.
please let me know. thank you!
Raspberries require acidic soils, around Ph6. With soil at 7.5 your plant is probably suffering from a micro-nutrient deficiency, probably iron or magnesium or both. I would treat with Chelated Iron. It has all the micro-nutrients your plant needs.

Ask a Question