Vinca Question

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and gardening in general. One of the plants I got to start with is a Vinca. I noticed that once the flowers bloom they tend to fall off rather quickly, seemingly before they're truly ready to do so. On the bright side, the plant is producing new blooms frequently as well. I'm just unsure if this is normal behavior for this specific plant or if it's the cause of squirrels and/or birds interfering. I tried to search Google, but I couldn't find anything straightforward. Does anybody know for sure or some possibilities??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Falling flowers can caused by extreme temperatures (ideally, it is between 15-25°C), low soil fertility (it's actually better to fertilize soil 4-6 weeks prior to blooming) or insect attacks. Keep the soil evenly moist. Mulch helps prevent water evaporation and keeps the moisture level even. Water slowly and deeply in the absence of rain, and never allow the soil to become dry. Plants experience stress when they don’t have the proper nutrients.

Ask a Question