Periwinkles (Vinca Rosea)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
As I have already said I go for flowers that need little effort and maintenance. I have loads of such flowers in my garden and perwinkles belong to that category. . They come in many colours and self propagate. I had a red and a peach as well. They have disappeared. I am on the look out to get them back in my garden.

purewhite1.jpg
whiteredspot.jpg
mauve.jpg
pnkperi.jpg
lightpink.jpg

Reaction score
So sorry to hear they have disappeared :( How did that happen exactly? They're so tough little fellows! I like your pictures, you have really beautiful flowers :) I liked the pink colored periwinkels the most.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are beautiful and I love all of those colors. Wonder why they disappeared, but hopefully with your green thumb you will get them back. I also like plants and flowers that require little care or effort to keep in the garden.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
So sorry to hear they have disappeared :( How did that happen exactly? They're so tough little fellows! I like your pictures, you have really beautiful flowers :) I liked the pink colored periwinkels the most.

If nothing they need watering. Perhaps these plants were neglected. Sometimes we are up to our neck with other priorities.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
They are beautiful and I love all of those colors. Wonder why they disappeared, but hopefully with your green thumb you will get them back. I also like plants and flowers that require little care or effort to keep in the garden.
I have a biggish garden and sometimes we have no control over what goes on there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're lovely! The white ones in a way remind me of daisies, I like them very much. You're a talented gardener, Grouie, I'm sure you'll manage to get them back:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
They're lovely! The white ones in a way remind me of daisies, I like them very much. You're a talented gardener, Grouie, I'm sure you'll manage to get them back:)

We tend to take things for granted and then realise how difficult it is to get back what we have lost. I am searching all over.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I grow some every year any one that sells plants here has every color.
Hot weather and more sun the better makes them grow for me

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I grow some every year any one that sells plants here has every color.
Hot weather and more sun the better makes them grow for me

They grow very well here. I understand there is a double petal periwinkle too. I want that :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks for the reminder of the periwinkle. I've just added it to my nursery shopping list. It's expensive reading this forum but money well spent and not expensive compared to any others shopping sprees.

Ask a Question