Vegetable Smoothies?

Reaction score
So my boyfriend and I are experimenting with vegetable smoothies made with blenders. We tried a drink with apple, broccoli, cucumber and ice which wasn't too bad. But what do you suggest? Should we have a bit of banana for flavour. What are your favourite healthy drinks?

Reaction score
So my boyfriend and I are experimenting with vegetable smoothies made with blenders. We tried a drink with apple, broccoli, cucumber and ice which wasn't too bad. But what do you suggest? Should we have a bit of banana for flavour. What are your favourite healthy drinks?
Try adding wheat grass and mint to it. Experiment with it until you find something you like. My favourite green smoothie is made with bananas, wheat grass, spinach, cucumber and mint/ basil. Throw in the ice cubes of course. I also rim the edge of my glass with salt and a wedge of lemon. It is fun to play around with all these veggies.
It taste much better when the wheat grass and spinach are young and freshly cut, so I grow my own.

Reaction score
Here is a great recipe that I use for a Veggie Smoothie. I just blend all of this up in a blender.

оnе small tomato
1/4 оf a сuсumbеr
оnе bеll рерреr
оnе jаlареñо
1/4 оf an оniоn
1-2 сlоvеѕ оf rаw gаrliс
1-2 ѕtаlkѕ оf сеlеrу
3-4 big handfulls of grееnѕ оf сhоiсе
1 tѕр kеlр
2 tsp ѕрirulinа
2 cups wаtеr
hаndful of iсе cubes

Reaction score
Carrots mixed with fruits seem to make a good combination as they still keep the fruity taste. As much as my kids like vegetables with dinner, they don't like them enough to have a veggie smoothie without it having a fruit taste!

I don't have a lot of experience making these tho, but carrots are definitely a great additive to many things without being too powerful in taste.

It probably depends on the kind of flavor you are looking for or the health benefits. If you are looking for health benefits, I would add blueberry and pomegranate to some of the veggies - they are loaded with antioxidants.

Reaction score
I personally like wheat grass or a nice cucumber and melon. It is hard to find the right vegetables for a smoothie but it always help to add a little fruit to make it less bitter and add a little flavor while keeping it as healthy as you possibly can without too many add-ons.

Ask a Question