Vegetable ID Please

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One bite into it and you should know whether or not it is a radish or turnip. It could have very well been a red radish that happened to have a burp in the gene pool that made it white and big. Could happen in the heirloom pool but not an everyday thing.

The seed will cross with the red radish so that would make it a hybrid variety then.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the pictures I posted above, the row of radishes in the ground are ''white icicle'' I right clicked the picture to find out - not rocket science - even old grannies like me manage it :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One bite into it and you should know whether or not it is a radish or turnip. It could have very well been a red radish that happened to have a burp in the gene pool that made it white and big. Could happen in the heirloom pool but not an everyday thing.

The seed will cross with the red radish so that would make it a hybrid variety then.
Yep, I can just imagine some lovely red and white striped ones, and maybe a few white ones with red dots. :giggle: (please forgive my warped sense of humour) .......:sorry:

sugarapsa

Zone 7b
Reaction score
Country
United States
Where I'm at a loss is this thing is 2 1/2" at the base. Are white radishes known to grow that large?

sugarapsa

Zone 7b
Reaction score
Country
United States
Found it...maybe. Trying to find a photo of the leaf structure. Up to just north of 6.5" in diameter.

Last edited:

sugarapsa

Zone 7b
Reaction score
Country
United States
Or maybe this one.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well when it's fully grown, and you've tasted it, let us know what it's like, and you could offer us some seeds if you like. You could get a fair bit of flesh from the one above. Maybe they can be cooked?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
*rogue (rouge = red)
What a rude and ignorant individual you are. You prove it time after time. We can all make typing errors, but we don't all possess brains or charm. Maybe you should apologise for your blatant ignorance, and creep back into your corner.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
*rogue (rouge = red)

I can't spell very well on account of missing a lot of school due to illness. I find it quite offensive when people point out that I've made spelling mistakes.

There is a channel I follow on Youtube where it's quite obvious that the channel owner has a lot of trouble with spelling. No one judges them for it or tries to correct them, we all know what they mean and just accept that as part of who they are.

I would have thought that in these days of so called enlightenment that people would have some sort of tolerance when it comes to spelling mistakes but obviously not :rolleyes:

Ask a Question